6 - Gavi

vegitot

Fact is Gavi is rated way higher. He makes more Spain's youth apperances at 17 than Puig at 22 despite playing at Juvenil A.

Bobo32

Take a look at where the other guy on the bench today, turning 50 today, was when he was 22. Maybe someone thought he would turn good already back then, or they didn't and were found out to be very wrong.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
E_0Z8-pVUA02PRO

10x better physique than that of Riqui

Porque

Out of our recent past midfielders, possibly resembles Deco the most.

Let's hope he keeps growing and adds a few Deflecos to his game.

Bobo32

Out of our recent past midfielders, possibly resembles Deco the most.

Let's hope he keeps growing and adds a few Deflecos to his game.

Hm I said Puig resembled Deco and I think it was very striking the more I thought about it. Puig is not a "recent past midfielder" anymore but suddenly "current" again, but I do think Gavi has similarities to Puig in the way he positions himself without the ball. What I think he lacks in comparison to Puig and Deco is the tendency for the speculative option, a sort of romantic style and a willingness to contribute a lot all the time. Gavi is actually a bit more calm in a Xavi kind of way in the way he judges options (but I don't think he resembles Xavi that much).

Hm deflecos? Is this the deflected long shots hmmm?

JohnN

Hm I said Puig resembled Deco and I think it was very striking the more I thought about it. Puig is not a "recent past midfielder" anymore but suddenly "current" again, but I do think Gavi has similarities to Puig in the way he positions himself without the ball. What I think he lacks in comparison to Puig and Deco is the tendency for the speculative option, a sort of romantic style and a willingness to contribute a lot all the time. Gavi is actually a bit more calm in a Xavi kind of way in the way he judges options (but I don't think he resembles Xavi that much).

Hm deflecos? Is this the deflected long shots hmmm?

I hope he doesn't resemble Puig in his positioning because Puig looks like he has no positional sense. He constantly occupies the space of other players, collides with their runs and is either too close or to far away to receive. Also doesn't move well out of defender's Shadow.
Generally really bad at midfield movement.

Porque

I like his game, I like what he is showing. No need to put the breaks on him even if we are not winning. These are the type of moments where we can give young players opportunities, especially as the squad is dire.

Once he gets over his respect to the seniors (absolutely normal) and he starts making his own decisions on where to pass the ball, then we will see how good he could be.

Much prefer the way he plays to Pedri and his understanding of where to position, but of course Pedri is a much superior player right now.

mc_lovin

I am surprised by how much I like him. I was never really impressed with what I have seen before, but he has grown on me. If Koeman has one redeeming quality it's his ability to spot talents. I prefer him to Puig by a wide margin.

There are still no guarantees, but having one of Pedri and Gavi in one of our midfield spots is hardly the worst course of action for now.

BusiTheKing

Very positive against Cadiz. Huge improvement. Wants to assert himself and take responsibility for making things happen, which is sorely needed. If he can continue to develop at this rate, he'll be a real player.

Home of Barca Fans