6 - Gavi

ajnotkeith

Yeah for next game I'd probably like to see Gavi and Frenkie together, with Pedri possibly taking one winger role. Very unlikely of course, almost as unlikely as Puig starting which is what I would really like to see, but still.

Pedri was very immobile last game, but is usually very mobile and thus also often out of place I think. I think it is sometimes very tough to play beside him (of course it is the same with Gavi and even more with Puig - they are very mobile too).

This is a thread about Gavi. I liked some attempts from him yesterday very much - the entire team struggled, but he was the one who managed to do something sometimes. He is very weak a lot of the time though, not really managing to take the step to play with adults yet I think. He needs some time.
I think a lot of the time he looks for the foul because he isn't thinking fast/confident enough to do something. And in truth a lot of the time they aren't fouls..

He also fouls when defending a lot instead of tackling with proper technique. We didn't see it at first but I think as he consolidates as a first-teamer refs and opponents are recognising this part of his game now.

Obviously he is only 17 and that will be displayed through his physicality/mentality, so those two aspects can be heavily improved anyhow.

Last edited:

Bobo32

I think a lot of the time he looks for the foul because he isn't thinking fast/confident enough to do something. And in truth a lot of the time they aren't fouls..

Yeah, it is often like that. You do not need to be strong at all to dribble and play football, look at Neymar, or Busquets...
I think it is about settling in playing with adults as I wrote. Sometimes I agree that he is looking for the foul, but very often he is just caught because he didn't expect an opponent to catch up with him. He needs to tweak some of his decisions in order to settle, but I have no doubt he'll be able to stand up "physically" later without going to the gym - it is about being quick thinking, confident, and smart, but also just used to the tempo which he will be automatically with time.

Raketa10

He is a 17y old kid. Of course he has ups and downs. Regardless of some average displays he is a world class talent who will probably improve greatly during the next 2 seasons.

Birdy

Good game, but terrible 1v1 miss

Someone should teach him to never shout straight to the GK and always pick either side, even if you gonna end up missing

Joan

Good game, but terrible 1v1 miss

Someone should teach him to never shout straight to the GK and always pick either side, even if you gonna end up missing

Yeah, it’s a situation when shooting at the GK is the only wrong choice. Do whatever else, literally.

Home of Barca Fans