6 - Gavi

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pimienta is fine where he is, developing youth that is ready to perform for the first team for years. Different expectations in the first team. It is harder to find this type of coach for the B team than a good senior team manager.

While that's true I wonder how long he'll be content being the Barca B manager. Our Juvenil A manager went to some ME club for big money. I can see Pimi potentially doing the same in a couple of years, or maybe go to some mid-table club at another league or even La Liga if the opportunity presents itself.

khaled_a_d

While that's true I wonder how long he'll be content being the Barca B manager. Our Juvenil A manager went to some ME club for big money. I can see Pimi potentially doing the same in a couple of years, or maybe go to some mid-table club at another league or even La Liga if the opportunity presents itself.

I would try to offer him a big contract to tie him here tbh.
He has been in La Masia/Barca B for 15 years now, he might be happy where he is in his comfort zone.
If we can offer him a legit contract financially (like a lower table of Liga type of salary) I think we could persuade him to stay.
Time will tell though

DonAK

I would try to offer him a big contract to tie him here tbh.
He has been in La Masia/Barca B for 15 years now, he might be happy where he is in his comfort zone.
If we can offer him a legit contract financially (like a lower table of Liga type of salary) I think we could persuade him to stay.
Time will tell though

I hope so because Pimienta is doing an outstanding job right now. I'm sure we have other good coaches too who can take over, but hopefully Pimi continues for as long as possible.

vegitot

Had some incredible actions. Espanyol B games are always tough as they give 110% and their academy teams are generally close in level to ours.

Let's have a little dig into the Twitter hype machine after todays game.

"Whoever has seen Barcelona B today will understand why Riqui is not going to establish himself in the first team. What comes from behind (Gavi and Nico) is going to overwhelm him"

"People really thought La Masia was dead. Sheesh What a player only 16 years old and already so much flair and composure. I give it 2 years till he's promoted to the first team he's that good!"

"Gavi certified baller"

"Gavi is a thousand times more than Riqui Puig physically. What a crack it is"

Oh, and the best comment of them all

"Introduce Gavi to the first team [MENTION=28341]RonaldKoem[/MENTION]an"

[tw]1371065356706537472[/tw]

New "Puig" to replace Puig after Puig replaced an older "Puig" Alena.

DonAK

Early days and let's see how he performs for Barca B, but this guy might be *it*.

He's got everything.

Bobo32

Didn't watch but assuming he had a good game today. Beat Malaga in the Juvenils Semi final 1-0.

Final this weekend.

[tw]https://twitter.com/FCBmasia/status/1408173999121653768[/tw]

Aight, would love to watch him, only euros on my mind right now though.

Please bump threads beforehand!

Watched some compilation from 2021 before replying earlier, and that compilation didn't show anything impressive tbh - but I apparently saw the game v Espanyol and was a bit impressed.

Porque

Aight, would love to watch him, only euros on my mind right now though.

Please bump threads beforehand!

Watched some compilation from 2021 before replying earlier, and that compilation didn't show anything impressive tbh - but I apparently saw the game v Espanyol and was a bit impressed.

Final will be Sunday at 12:00CET versus Deportivo La Coruna. Depor knocked out Ream Madrid.

I think the games aired live on the RFEF youtube channel. They have the full game from the Semi below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7N6T_Zj6HQ

Bobo32

Not super impressed by Gavi these few minutes. Before 2-1 his pass was a bit wrongly weighed, a pretty obvious pass that I'd expect perfection from him tbh.
Fast counter by Depor then.

edit: I think #2 (Alegra?), #6 (Rico?) and #7 (Ilia?) look a bit promising so far, there was a player combining nicely with Gavi in the left half space one time as well, but didn't spot his number.

edit2: A nice nutmeg to reach a finish, but I am growing more and more sceptical about his movements and decisions here. He obviously has some skills, but I don't think he fills the #10 responsibilites in this game right now

edit3: Rico has made a few quite big mistakes, but is still the one standing out in this team to me. I think #9, Diego Lopez, looks a bit promising as well

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans