6 - Gavi

fergus90

Out of all the youngsters, he seems to have the biggest aura about him. His mentality and personality on the pitch are almost as big an asset as his ability with the ball.

He's got a real grit and fighting spirit that we've lacked for a while. Very exciting time to have both him and Pedri, two special talents.

mc_lovin

Don't forget Ansu. Football seems to bend to his will - eg his comeback goal against Celta* :p Unfortunately his body doesn't.

*Levante

Last edited:

delancey

Yep, it does.

I guess we can only extend him in summer. The problem is that Robertos and Dembeles contracts run out though, so the 4:1 rule (or 2:1) is not applicable - same dilemma we had with Messi. Our salary cap will be much higher, but I still doubt we will be under it. Interesting times ahead.. sponsorship money could help in that regard though.

Before we think about any transfers we need to extend Araujo and Gavi.
Interesting! Strange that players whose contracts expire don?t give us any FP advantage! The end result is the same whether a player is sold/loaned out or leaves on a free.

JamDav1982

The aim for Barca would be to be back within the salary limit next summer long before would have to start worrying about 4:1 ratios etc.

Rumours last week was that it would be 400m+ that La Liga has told club the salary limit will be.

delancey

The aim for Barca would be to be back within the salary limit next summer long before would have to start worrying about 4:1 ratios etc.

Rumours last week was that it would be 400m+ that La Liga has told club the salary limit will be.
But that rumor (400m salary cap) is contingent on Barcelona selling assets, I believe.

behindbrowneyes

Barca is lucky that these guys love the club and really want to make it here unlike Ilaix. It's a smart thing to do too. Chances of Barca rising again are high and with that rise player's salaries will rise too.

Happy to see these La Masia guys proving they are worth the hype.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Xavi - "Gavi is a competitive beast. The pressure after loss is brutal and his positioning as well. He still has to learn things, tactical situations that he has to improve on but he is a spectacular talent, what he does at 17 is incredible. It's wonderful to train him."

:blush:

Zidane82

Out of all the youngsters, he seems to have the biggest aura about him. His mentality and personality on the pitch are almost as big an asset as his ability with the ball.

He's got a real grit and fighting spirit that we've lacked for a while. Very exciting time to have both him and Pedri, two special talents.

Agreed on both ..

Gavi looks like captain material to me .. hope he gets it soon not when he is in his thirties

Zidane82

Gavi gets the better of Vidal and scored but robbed by VAR again

VAR was never meant to be used to cancel out goals I am certain

Catta

Gavi gets the better of Vidal and scored but robbed by VAR again

VAR was never meant to be used to cancel out goals I am certain

It is precisely what VAR is meant for. To correct mistakes that the ref can't see, like offsides or red cards.

Home of Barca Fans