6 - Gavi

Porque

Aggression is fine but you need to be calculated and tackle with the correct technique. Gavi many times this season has just ran at opponents and shoved them instead of making a proper challenge, or lunging in like today.

Aggression is fine but when you are not on form or fully fit then it will lead to outcomes as today.

JamDav made a good point. We're creeping to a territory where we have two many old legs and the team is caught in two minds. Obviously the seniors will hold the reigns on which direction takes over.

No suprise that our best games under Xavi have been with either Pique or Busquets. I fear for Alves when we play more than one game a week as our whole build up will turn to lethargy.

ajnotkeith

Aggression is fine but when you are not on form or fully fit then it will lead to outcomes as today.

JamDav made a good point. We're creeping to a territory where we have two many old legs and the team is caught in two minds. Obviously the seniors will hold the reigns on which direction takes over.

No suprise that our best games under Xavi have been with either Pique or Busquets. I fear for Alves when we play more than one game a week as our whole build up will turn to lethargy.

That's part of it but being on a yellow defending a 1-0 lead it is an inexplicable challenge, Unnecessary with hardly any reward. It appeared to me like he made it more out of frustration than anything, remember the first Bayern game? It reminded me a little of that. But he is 17 and he will mature a lot in the next few years obviously.

Generally, as you said, it's bad to have so many immobile players. And when guys like Depay come back that are also players who aren't very mobile, the whole buildup and transitions will be anaemic. It is true that the younger players have to do a lot more to cover for the seniors, who need their weaknesses defensively to be masked and protected.

FCBfan22

It was stupid from Xavi today. I saw this comming at the end of the 1st half...

With another ref, he would see red at the end of 1st half.

Zidane82

Too many old legs ?

In a week or so we may have Pedri and Fati and FDJ back .. added to Gavi and Nico plus Abdi and Jutgia ....

Bobo32

Here is his game yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI3q5J_N2qA

One great cross (where he had earlier taken the ball from Jutgla in an offside position), one nice attempt at a dribble, one nice lob pass where he lost the ball later and another one-two too where he also lost the ball immediately afterwards.
And countless (well around 30) tempo sinking side passes, looked like an old man doing a manual job he worked his entire life, just routinely making the movements, a lot of the time. I guess some call that "maturity".

JamDav1982

Not great yesterday but he is going to the toppermost of the poppermost.

Along with Alves showed the best moment of quality to open game up but offside before that unortunately.

Mateka

The Daily Mail revealed that Manchester City are monitoring Barcelona youngster Gavi who has a 42m release clause in his contract. It is understood they are keeping a keen eye on the Spanish midfielder who is hesitant to make a big move so early in his career.

Messi983

Here is his game yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI3q5J_N2qA

One great cross (where he had earlier taken the ball from Jutgla in an offside position), one nice attempt at a dribble, one nice lob pass where he lost the ball later and another one-two too where he also lost the ball immediately afterwards.
And countless (well around 30) tempo sinking side passes, looked like an old man doing a manual job he worked his entire life, just routinely making the movements, a lot of the time. I guess some call that "maturity".

Strange.

You would clearly find some Xavi/Messi-esque passes if this would be Mavericky's highlights.

Bobo32

Strange.

You would clearly find some Xavi/Messi-esque passes if this would be Mavericky's highlights.

I found the four situations I praised him for.
I am honest and fair in my assessments, I wonder what you find in that video that makes you not critique Gavi, and I wonder what you would've said if that game was Puigs.

Home of Barca Fans