6 - Gavi

mc_lovin

He improved later on. I didn't mind his game too much, but it's good that Pedri is back. They should split time 70/30 or something like that.

Windhook

I spent a couple of minutes straight during the game just to watch his off the ball movement and I think his positioning was great. Was aware all the time where Modric and Vinicius were. He lost a few balls, but that's the risk when you receive the ball near Real Madrid's box. Nothing compared to the comfort Busi and Frenkie get near the half-way line.

khaled_a_d

He is by far our worst midfielder atm, and that includes the likes of Nico, Puig, Coutinho, Roberto whom I am not a fan of any of them.
Should thank Luuk for not being the worst player in the team, kid needs to be send to Barca B/Juvenil A

jamrock

He is by far our worst midfielder atm, and that includes the likes of Nico, Puig, Coutinho, Roberto whom I am not a fan of any of them.
Should thank Luuk for not being the worst player in the team, kid needs to be send to Barca B/Juvenil A

Nah bro you way of base with that statement, his movement is excellent, he's a bit gassed & shouldn't be starting so many games but he has it all & certainly not out worst midfielder, definitely not worst than nico, Roberto & Frankie.

JamDav1982

He isnt gassed.

It is same with Pedri and any time young player doesnt play well folk think they are knackered.

Real dealt with him well and ploughed into him any time he tried to take it on the half turn. Physically he was bullied a bit at times but probably had a better second half if anything.

fergus90

He got bullied in quite a few moments today but lets not pretend Pedri lit up the Madrid games either. It's a very tough ask to go against the likes of Kroos & Modric at 17/18.

khaled_a_d

Nah bro you way of base with that statement, his movement is excellent, he's a bit gassed & shouldn't be starting so many games but he has it all & certainly not out worst midfielder, definitely not worst than nico, Roberto & Frankie.

Maybe I am off base, but the kid is useless to say at least.
Defensively he never supported our right side when he was there, which is part of his job.
Offensively he delayed attack, made ton of awful passes that didn't made sense for players in bad position to receive the ball

Windhook

I still congratulate the kid for having the balls to face the opposition and take risks, not the tiki-taka travesty that Frenkie applies with passing back to safety, Busquets, while dribbling the ball in a counter-attack.

jamrock

Just gotta give him time, don't want him to go from being available for 90+% of our beach to barely 30% like Pedri.

Needs to have a sit obsorb all that has happened with him they past few months, visualize the game in his mind, places he can improve & he will be fine, the talent is there, he reminds me a bit of koke not gonna fill the highlight reel but does the proper work of a midfielder.

JamDav1982

He is not long 17 and bound to be inconsistent at that age.

Some games better than others and Real gave him no time on ball.

Isnt tired that is an excuse. He was just poor today.

mc_lovin

I don't think anyone stood out in midfield today, and neither from Real. I can understand a certain negativity, but if anything we lacked punch today, our midfielders were mostly fine (apart from Frenkie, who I expect more of).

ajnotkeith

We will have a better idea of if he can be a long term solution in a year or two. He made a big jump from u19 football to playing the Clasico in only one season so it's normal he won't look good instantly when put into these games. After he settles in and we understand his strengths and weaknesses better we can say, he shouldn't have had the burden of starting every game put on him at 17

Home of Barca Fans