6 - Gavi

ajnotkeith

Gavi on a 6.4. Quite obvious that he has been playing very poorly recently and someone else should get a try in the side, statistically or from the eyetest

According to Sofascore has been the worst player in his team 4 games in a row and might make that 5 today. As I mentioned above it is easier to carry a young player with flaws against likes of Dynamo Kyiv but versus good opposition will become very clear he is playing poorly.

vegitot

If you are realistic then except vs Levante amd Cadiz, don't think he has any good performance. He is not a starter but a sub/rotation option at 17.

ajnotkeith

If you are realistic then except vs Levante amd Cadiz, don't think he has any good performance. He is not a starter but a sub/rotation option at 17.

It's easy for people to say a youth player is playing good when their team wins as they blend in but as we saw with Nico earlier when some of these guys face testing opposition their flaws get exposed. And like you said it is normal for 17 year olds to have much more development to go and issues to sort out. People will demand Koeman starts a side full of kids ignoring they have big issues too lol

JohnN

Why is a 17 yo kid who is not ready for this kind of match ahead of Puig. It really bugs me. Puig is no Xavi but hell he has shown much better things than Gavi. Koeman really is a stubborn old man.

ajnotkeith

Why is a 17 yo kid who is not ready for this kind of match ahead of Puig. It really bugs me. Puig is no Xavi but hell he has shown much better things than Gavi. Koeman really is a stubborn old man.

I actually thought we should have kept Pjanic around considering he was ready to take a big cut.

ajnotkeith

Wtf he is totally useless and totally shit, 17 years or not.

Extreme. He's just not ready to contribute in such high-level matches yet. Nico/Demir/Gavi/Balde etc fall into this category, some more than others. Gavi can handle the lower-level league games and maybe some CL games but at 17 it's a tough ask to play well against Real. We can see his potential better after year or two where he has developed more and approaching 21,22.

serghei

I think he's just played too much for his young body to cope with. Take it a bit easier on him. Some matches on the bench will do him good now.

jamrock

Yep I agree I said he needed a rest before this game, hopefully koeman & Luis don't run run him into the ground like Pedri.

Home of Barca Fans