6 - Gavi

vegitot

Yes. Orealiana is the best prospect at position 6.

Don't follow Jandro closely so i don't say anything. But obviously now Gavi is rated much higher. Maybe because of his agression and energy but his talent is real.

Jandro has 19 appearances for Spain youth so he is rated as well, just not at senior level.

Porque

We're in a dire state. If the club thought Jandro was good enough, he would be in the first team.

If another club thought he was good enough then they would have signed him when he was unsigned.

Not sure why his name is coming up. Clearly a talented player but with the physique of a limp noodle.

ajnotkeith

We're in a dire state. If the club thought Jandro was good enough, he would be in the first team.

If another club thought he was good enough then they would have signed him when he was unsigned.

Not sure why his name is coming up. Clearly a talented player but with the physique of a limp noodle.

Well we would say that wouldn't we, that if players are good enough the club will promote them, but obviously the club doesn't often make good decisions else the forum wouldn't be arguing about our shitty squad planning all day.

Homegrown Konrad was let go for Demir. Now we don't have wingers and Demir has been awful after being registered in the first-team. Club not always right in talent assessment. Felt Jandro deserved a shot at pivot especially given Nico has been really bad.

I think Gavi is better than Jandro, they are comparable technically or Jandro could be better (plays more line-breaking passes and is also more direct) but physically Gavi is much better, keeping up with the pace starting for Spain against Italy, really crucial for La Masia midfielders who often miss that physical element. However I think Jandro is better than Nico currently and deserves a shot at pivot.

M3ls

Well we would say that wouldn't we, that if players are good enough the club will promote them, but obviously the club doesn't often make good decisions else the forum wouldn't be arguing about our shitty squad planning all day.

Homegrown Konrad was let go for Demir. Now we don't have wingers and Demir has been awful after being registered in the first-team. Club not always right in talent assessment. Felt Jandro deserved a shot at pivot especially given Nico has been really bad.

I think Gavi is better than Jandro, they are comparable technically or Jandro could be better (plays more line-breaking passes and is also more direct) but physically Gavi is much better, keeping up with the pace starting for Spain against Italy, really crucial for La Masia midfielders who often miss that physical element. However I think Jandro is better than Nico currently and deserves a shot at pivot.

What's special about Gavi? I see nothing but great energy. What does he have to offer the team at position 8?

malvolio

What's special about Gavi? I see nothing but great energy. What does he have to offer the team at position 8?

Some hopes and dreams for Barca fans that we'll hit another jackpot of a generation from La Masia.

Very hard to asses the level of these guys as the team is the worst we've had in the last 30 years.

ajnotkeith

When you are playing as a midfielder at the highest level eg against Atletico, Italy and other world-class teams the expectation is that you progress the ball and don't make mistakes. At 17 to do this in such high-level games is amazing and it's not something many midfielders can do consistently at the high level (granted Gavi has not played much yet).

Whole different world from passing against Segunda B defenses. In top level games chances are few and far between unlike Segunda B where there is one every 5 minutes, and your midfielders are expected to be functional and composed.

Jandro has not gotten a chance to show how good he is at a better level. He is a player I like and I think he is underrated but it's really hard to predict how good he would be at a higher level as we have not seen him in the first-team even in preseason. I can't say he's better than Gavi having seen Gavi in these top-level games.

M3ls

When you are playing as a midfielder at the highest level eg against Atletico, Italy and other world-class teams the expectation is that you progress the ball and don't make mistakes. At 17 to do this in such high-level games is amazing and it's not something many midfielders can do consistently at the high level (granted Gavi has not played much yet).

Whole different world from passing against Segunda B defenses. In top level games chances are few and far between unlike Segunda B where there is one every 5 minutes, and your midfielders are expected to be functional and composed.

Jandro has not gotten a chance to show how good he is at a better level. He is a player I like and I think he is underrated but it's really hard to predict how good he would be at a higher level as we have not seen him in the first-team even in preseason. I can't say he's better than Gavi having seen Gavi in these top-level games.

Why does Bar?a B coach his starting lineup so rarely? I see he has 5 games, of which only in two games he came out in the starting lineup.

JamDav1982

Gavi passed through B team so quickly due to his age and ability.

Nothing to do with not being rated ahead of those that have played more in last year or so.

ajnotkeith

Why does Bar?a B coach his starting lineup so rarely? I see he has 5 games, of which only in two games he came out in the starting lineup.

He is in poor physical condition because didn't train for months when his deal expired + Gavi and Nico were briefly in B. Should play much more now.

ajnotkeith

Didn't watch the game but he's getting some serious hype right now.

Pretty much like the first game. Great energy and running, had some nice touches on the ball but not that involved (Should get more involved in attacking aspects once he has played at a good level for a while and knows when to go up).

Home of Barca Fans