User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 111

Thread: Pablo Paez 'Gavi'

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,208
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Can you name one high quality midfielder that Masia products in recent years???
    Why do you think some of us hated EV?

  2. #17
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,600
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Why do you think some of us hated EV?
    Lmao talents like Samper, Alena. High quality??? More like low quality.

  3. #18
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Forum de Amigos - Tactical Ops. Office
    Posts
    30,208
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Lmao talents like Samper, Alena. High quality??? More like low quality.
    The point is it's a bit hard to develop talents in the first team with conservative managers who are thinking only short-term, as Valverde admitted himself.

    Surprise-surprise, as soon as we commit to a rebuild and one can't be postponed anymore, the talents magically appear...

  4. #19
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,612
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    The point is it's a bit hard to develop talents in the first team with conservative managers who are thinking only short-term, as Valverde admitted himself.

    Surprise-surprise, as soon as we commit to a rebuild and one can't be postponed anymore, the talents magically appear...
    What talents did EV ignore?

    The one that came through in Fati he played.

    Nonsense to make out these players were waiting or players of similar standard under EV were being ignored.

  5. #20
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,600
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    The point is it's a bit hard to develop talents in the first team with conservative managers who are thinking only short-term, as Valverde admitted himself.

    Surprise-surprise, as soon as we commit to a rebuild and one can't be postponed anymore, the talents magically appear...
    They can not even excel in other teams or play for their national teams. All end up in nowhere.
    The talents magically appear??? Fati is a foward and already played under EV. Pedri is from Las Pasmas. Araujo is a defender, also not from Masia. Dest from Ajax. Minguenza is a defender.
    Who is high quality midfielder from Masia here??? Don't tell me Puig or Moriba. Neither are squad level yet, let a lone high quality midfielder.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    12,647
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Why do you think some of us hated EV?
    EV had only 2 years.
    Since Thiago, who was was promoted decade ago, only S.Roberto had made a mark in 1st team from La Masia, and he was mostly RB.
    Players who left La Masia and had decent career on the mean time has names like Icardi, Adama, Bellerin, Keita Balde, maybe Munir too.
    Even current generation, Fati looks like the best of them, Eric Garcia has potential (personally I am not a fan).

    There was a time it felt that way with Xavi, Iniesta & Cesc. Busquets too if you consider him truly a la masia product.
    But even then, we produced Puyol,Pique, Valdes,Messi & Pedro

    Edit: forgot about Alba, he was originally from La Masia too
    Last edited by khaled_a_d; 6th March 2021 at 11:41 PM.

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Catta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,864
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not only about great talents. Its about giving chances to players.

    Mingueza is not a big talent, but with him getting chances, there is hope that he can become an useful player in the future. Pedro also was not a special talent, but by getting chances he became a quality player.

    Maybe if given chances, some players could have become useful squad players. Both Lucho and EV, could have given more chances to La Masia players, not wait and give chances only to special talents like Fati.

  8. #23
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,612
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Its not only about great talents. Its about giving chances to players.

    Mingueza is not a big talent, but with him getting chances, there is hope that he can become an useful player in the future. Pedro also was not a special talent, but by getting chances he became a quality player.

    Maybe if given chances, some players could have become useful squad players. Both Lucho and EV, could have given more chances to La Masia players, not wait and give chances only to special talents like Fati.
    It is about players getting chances that deserve it.

    Pedro got a chance because Pep thought he deserved it and had worked with him previously.

    No Barca coach brings up players just to give them chances in hope they develop. Pep never did. No one is arguing has to be 'great talents' either and what fans think of as great talents is often not reflected in how club feel about players either.

  9. #24
    You're welcome
    Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Peoples Republic of Hot Latinas
    Posts
    12,470
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Vatican
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Surprise-surprise, as soon as we commit to a rebuild and one can't be postponed anymore, the talents magically appear...
    Committing to a rebuild, but people still crying over every lost game.

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Bobo32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    1,793
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    EV had only 2 years.
    Since Thiago, who was was promoted decade ago, only S.Roberto had made a mark in 1st team from La Masia, and he was mostly RB.
    Players who left La Masia and had decent career on the mean time has names like Icardi, Adama, Bellerin, Keita Balde, maybe Munir too.
    Even current generation, Fati looks like the best of them, Eric Garcia has potential (personally I am not a fan).

    There was a time it felt that way with Xavi, Iniesta & Cesc. Busquets too if you consider him truly a la masia product.
    But even then, we produced Puyol,Pique, Valdes,Messi & Pedro

    Edit: forgot about Alba, he was originally from La Masia too
    Busquets and Pedro never were extraordinarily hyped players. Without Pep, we wouldn't know about them, we'd maybe see Pedro in some game for Malaga and wonder if it was that guy Pedrito who used to play in the preseasons... I think there must've been players after them that could've succeeded given the chance, that I never got to see, because the managers decided to go for Rakitic or Vidal or Paulinho...

    I don't know what Samper could've become under someone like Pep. I don't know how he plays in Japan. Players like Suarez, Alena, Rafinha were given the chance and proved they were good enough to be squad players, but obviously not Xavi/Iniesta level.
    Xavi-Iniesta-Fabregas-Busquets-Thiago-Puig: these are the La Masia cracks I've seen come through as midfielders for Barcelona. Then JdS and Sergi Roberto could become good squad players, just as the four I listed above, but I never saw the great potential in them. I think it's a pretty steady stream of talent - a trio of Busquets/Puig/Thiago would be world class today. (Ilaix)-Orellana-Gavi seems promising as well for the future, so La Masia delivers. Dani Olmo is apparently CL level as well...

    And on other positions you forgot to mention some names as well, a few side backs for example.

  11. #26
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,600
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Its not only about great talents. Its about giving chances to players.

    Mingueza is not a big talent, but with him getting chances, there is hope that he can become an useful player in the future. Pedro also was not a special talent, but by getting chances he became a quality player.

    Maybe if given chances, some players could have become useful squad players. Both Lucho and EV, could have given more chances to La Masia players, not wait and give chances only to special talents like Fati.
    We are talking about high quality midfielders from Masia in recent years though.

  12. #27
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,612
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    Busquets and Pedro never were extraordinarily hyped players. Without Pep, we wouldn't know about them, we'd maybe see Pedro in some game for Malaga and wonder if it was that guy Pedrito who used to play in the preseasons... I think there must've been players after them that could've succeeded given the chance, that I never got to see, because the managers decided to go for Rakitic or Vidal or Paulinho...

    I don't know what Samper could've become under someone like Pep. I don't know how he plays in Japan. Players like Suarez, Alena, Rafinha were given the chance and proved they were good enough to be squad players, but obviously not Xavi/Iniesta level.
    Xavi-Iniesta-Fabregas-Busquets-Thiago-Puig: these are the La Masia cracks I've seen come through as midfielders for Barcelona. Then JdS and Sergi Roberto could become good squad players, just as the four I listed above, but I never saw the great potential in them. I think it's a pretty steady stream of talent - a trio of Busquets/Puig/Thiago would be world class today. (Ilaix)-Orellana-Gavi seems promising as well for the future, so La Masia delivers. Dani Olmo is apparently CL level as well...

    And on other positions you forgot to mention some names as well, a few side backs for example.
    A trio of Busquets, Thiago and Puig would get destroyed by top teams.

    More ramblings.

  13. #28
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,600
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    Busquets and Pedro never were extraordinarily hyped players. Without Pep, we wouldn't know about them, we'd maybe see Pedro in some game for Malaga and wonder if it was that guy Pedrito who used to play in the preseasons... I think there must've been players after them that could've succeeded given the chance, that I never got to see, because the managers decided to go for Rakitic or Vidal or Paulinho...

    I don't know what Samper could've become under someone like Pep. I don't know how he plays in Japan. Players like Suarez, Alena, Rafinha were given the chance and proved they were good enough to be squad players, but obviously not Xavi/Iniesta level.
    Xavi-Iniesta-Fabregas-Busquets-Thiago-Puig: these are the La Masia cracks I've seen come through as midfielders for Barcelona. Then JdS and Sergi Roberto could become good squad players, just as the four I listed above, but I never saw the great potential in them. I think it's a pretty steady stream of talent - a trio of Busquets/Puig/Thiago would be world class today. (Ilaix)-Orellana-Gavi seems promising as well for the future, so La Masia delivers. Dani Olmo is apparently CL level as well...

    And on other positions you forgot to mention some names as well, a few side backs for example.
    Moriba is better than Puig, case closed lol.

  14. #29
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    26,612
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Committing to a rebuild, but people still crying over every lost game.
    Exactly.

    Folk change like the wind about what they want from Koeman this season.

  15. #30
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,600
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    A trio of Busquets, Thiago and Puig would get destroyed by top teams.

    More ramblings.
    From someone who think Arthur is more creative than Xavi. You know what is inside his head.