6 - Gavi

Joan

Give the kid a few starts and see how he reacts. He already showed positive signs against a fierce rival in Bayern. We might be surprised to see him run things vs Granada and such in a pretty short while.

Demir also should start, as well as Balde.

Coutinho - Depay - Demir please up front. Keep slow Luuk on the bench. We badly need speed and fresh legs in this team.

Luuk might be more useful against a team that sits back. If we manage to pin them back :lol:

But I'd like to see some kids get their starts. Two of Gavi, Demir and Balde.

I think Balde deserves it the most and is most needed. Hope we don't see Dest for Alba, Roberto for Pedri.

ajnotkeith

Tbh none of the youth except Balde have really earned a start, but best to give it to them since we are in a rebuilding season. Demir has been unimpressive in his appearances and Gavi nearly got sent off in 20 minutes for persistent fouling, and Nico didn't look great even in the preseason. I'd like to see Balde and Gavi start.

Gavi mainly for the reason I'd like to see his real level since we don't know anything about him really from a couple sub appearances and could be giving us a twisted view. Balde I already saw much in Barca B and he looks great.

Last edited:

vegitot

Tbh none of the youth except Balde have really earned a start, but best to give it to them since we are in a rebuilding season. Demir has been unimpressive in his appearances and Gavi nearly got sent off in 20 minutes for persistent fouling, and Nico didn't look great even in the preseason. I'd like to see Balde and Gavi start.

Gavi mainly for the reason I'd like to see his real level since we don't know anything about him really from a couple sub appearances and could be giving us a twisted view. Balde I already saw much in Barca B and he looks great.

The best way for youngster to impress in their debut is trying to be energetic. So it's normal. Now they may play from start vs weaker team. Good chance to show their ability.

serghei

Luuk might be more useful against a team that sits back. If we manage to pin them back :lol:

But I'd like to see some kids get their starts. Two of Gavi, Demir and Balde.

I think Balde deserves it the most and is most needed. Hope we don't see Dest for Alba, Roberto for Pedri.

Dest is part of the group of players we need to develop. He should play whenever fit, bar some horrible form (which so far has been exaggerated). He's not that bad, just lacks end product for now. Alba and Roberto both need their minutes cut in half. They can play, just not as clear starters. Alba was good physically so far, but lately he seems to be getting slower. When he no longer has pace, he's gonna be a complete dud of a player.

Luuk is a decent plan B for when you spam crosses in the last 10-15 mins vs a parked bus. You know, so we don't see Pique thinking he's the striker and fucking things up up front. Don't want to see Luuk starting, period.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Actually was subbed on in Coutinho's spot and despite having a bad start as I commented earlier towards the end started to take risks and try key passes, unlike Demir who was dribbling aimlessly around the field the whole game.

Impressed. Nobody else played a good ball in 90 minutes and he did.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He won 3 aerials by the way. I was surprised that he kept winning them. He seems very combative, like Verratti. Better than Busquets in the air indeed :lol:

fergus90

He's fucking brilliant for a lad who turned 17 just last month. Can get amongst it if the game is dirty but also technically very capable. Renewing my membership on the Gavi hype train.

Home of Barca Fans