6 - Gavi

MTL_Barca

I'm not dying on a hill, Barca is. Performances transcriptions are not nitpick but an accurate description of a player, obviously more transcriptions equals larger statistical holistic picture. I used to do many transcriptions of setters for USA women's national team and a couple top college programs with the most elite setters specifically Lauren Plum of Oregon, Megan Moenoa of UCLA, and Bailey Choy of Hawaii. Lauren Plum was Puiged by undisputed GOAT player Karch Kiraly off the NT, while Moenoa and Choy were Puiged by their respective coaches ironically both considered elite setters when they were players Mike Sealy and Robyn Ah Mow-Santos respectively. The statistical superiority of these setters was similar to Puig's statistical superiority over Gavi. TV announcers revealed Sealy was close friend's with the parents of a much inferior setter Consani on UCLA while Ah Mow-Santos personally liked Iosia who had a similar personality to her while Choy was your 'typical' attractive bubblegum stress free with butter hands and skillset.

Women's vball's a much smaller community so I was in communication with parents of some of these players. An assistant for Karch Kiraly also participated on the forums and actually trolled me quite a bit to the point I offered to challenge Karch Kiraly or any of his proxy appointments to a setting battle with the women's national team in LA. I'm only 5' 10" which is perfect height for a setter in the women's game but the assistant refused to take my offer but he did quit trolling my performance transcriptions thereafter. As I mentioned before I would be a world class professional volleyball setter if I were at least 6" taller with killer hops. My hands and setting skills are as elite as they come, think a cross of Bruno of Olympic Gold medal Brazil or Marouf of Iran.

I stopped following women's vball after the endless Puiging of the best American setters and destruction of both NT and collegiate programs. Never could I imagine this same nepotism, personal agendas of managers threatened by their players' wc talent especially ones who played the same position, and total disregard for statistical superiority in every category could exist in highest levels of football. There's no accountability for women's vball since the money's too low although a top player still makes 1M a season. I realize I'm asking too much for meritocracy in vball and football, but doesn't mean I'll ever join the insane asylum and root for the Gavis of the world and forget how bright Barca's future could've been.

So how far exactly does this conspiracy against Puig go? Does it stop at Xavi/Lucho? Or does it go all the way? Who is stopping let's say Bayern or Liverpool from signing this oppressed generational talent?

Should be a movie script.

Gnidrologist

I'm not dying on a hill, Barca is. Performances transcriptions are not nitpick but an accurate description of a player, obviously more transcriptions equals larger statistical holistic picture. I used to do many transcriptions of setters for USA women's national team and a couple top college programs with the most elite setters specifically Lauren Plum of Oregon, Megan Moenoa of UCLA, and Bailey Choy of Hawaii. Lauren Plum was Puiged by undisputed GOAT player Karch Kiraly off the NT, while Moenoa and Choy were Puiged by their respective coaches ironically both considered elite setters when they were players Mike Sealy and Robyn Ah Mow-Santos respectively. The statistical superiority of these setters was similar to Puig's statistical superiority over Gavi. TV announcers revealed Sealy was close friend's with the parents of a much inferior setter Consani on UCLA while Ah Mow-Santos personally liked Iosia who had a similar personality to her while Choy was your 'typical' attractive bubblegum stress free with butter hands and skillset.

Women's vball's a much smaller community so I was in communication with parents of some of these players. An assistant for Karch Kiraly also participated on the forums and actually trolled me quite a bit to the point I offered to challenge Karch Kiraly or any of his proxy appointments to a setting battle with the women's national team in LA. I'm only 5' 10" which is perfect height for a setter in the women's game but the assistant refused to take my offer but he did quit trolling my performance transcriptions thereafter. As I mentioned before I would be a world class professional volleyball setter if I were at least 6" taller with killer hops. My hands and setting skills are as elite as they come, think a cross of Bruno of Olympic Gold medal Brazil or Marouf of Iran.

I stopped following women's vball after the endless Puiging of the best American setters and destruction of both NT and collegiate programs. Never could I imagine this same nepotism, personal agendas of managers threatened by their players' wc talent especially ones who played the same position, and total disregard for statistical superiority in every category could exist in highest levels of football. There's no accountability for women's vball since the money's too low although a top player still makes 1M a season. I realize I'm asking too much for meritocracy in vball and football, but doesn't mean I'll ever join the insane asylum and root for the Gavis of the world and forget how bright Barca's future could've been.
So why is statistically superior Puig being dismissed not only by Barca? There surely are clubs with much better scouting and scientific approach assessing talent like yours. Why clubs aren't lining up for him? With Gavi i know the reason why many want him. I've seen that reason on the pitch. Player doesn't have to turn everything into gold to be rated highly, especially at this age. Having key presence in several goals, showing some nice swag moves and being good help in defense is good enough for now.

Messigician

So why is statistically superior Puig being dismissed not only by Barca? There surely are clubs with much better scouting and scientific approach assessing talent like yours. Why clubs aren't lining up for him? With Gavi i know the reason why many want him. I've seen that reason on the pitch. Player doesn't have to turn everything into gold to be rated highly, especially at this age. Having key presence in several goals and being good help in defense is good enough.

Which clubs want Gavi?

PSG paid Neymar's 225m release clause

Why isn't anyone paying Gavi's and offering him a huge salary something we cannot do?

Gnidrologist

Several have been mentioned here, Pool being one of them. In case of Puig there aren't even rumors. He would be clutched from Barcas hands long time ago, if he was special.

Andresito

Staff member
Which several?

Liverpool is the only one and they're broke

Mane has been playing for peanuts

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">En la renovaci?n de GAVI es fundamental la voluntad del jugador, que quiere quedarse donde est? al 200%, pese a importantes ofertas de la Premier League (? Chelsea) y del Bayern de M?nich.</p>— Matteo Moretto (@MatteMoretto) <a href="https://twitter.com/MatteMoretto/status/1520810110414737408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 1, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Messigician

Not really a transfer rumour. But I haven't seen any top managers praise Puig. Except for the almighty Eder Sarabia of course.
https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...1001821479/vinculan-gavi-manchester-city.html

Barcelona great Xavi believes Riqui Puig is ready for senior football following the teenager's sparkling pre-season displays.

Puig, 18, featured off the bench in three International Champions Cup matches and was branded "extraordinary" by AC Milan head coach Gennaro Gattuso.

"I hope Ernesto can give him opportunities when he deserves them," the four-time Champions League winner told Mundo Deportivo. "I'd say he's very prepared to start in the first team of Barca.

"I am very happy because when I see him playing we can see the total Barca schooling that we like so much.

"[He has] that particular DNA of our game and that is so complex to find in specific players. He sees the play right away, he knows what he has to do at all times and he is intelligent.

"The truth is that he is a boy who breathes talent and who plays easy. He has self-confidence, personality, does not hide and asks for the ball.

"I'm very happy"

Oops

W for Xavi is jealous theory

MTL_Barca

He also praised Seri when rumors came up of him being the "African Xavi" :lol:

But who cares, Riqui "the GOAT" Puig will surely get picked up by a big club with a coach not jealous of this insane generational talent this summer and then we will all realize his greatness. So nothing to worry about :coffee:

Iniesta Ultra

So how far exactly does this conspiracy against Puig go? Does it stop at Xavi/Lucho? Or does it go all the way? Who is stopping let's say Bayern or Liverpool from signing this oppressed generational talent?

Should be a movie script.

Bayern and Liverpool are going by Xavi's decisions, they probably can't fathom him benching Puig isn't based on merit so naturally they want the best and assume Xavi's starters are the best. Of course a good sporting director should be able to see beyond that with the best stat keeping money can buy, or just watching a considerable amount of a player's minutes.

I just watched the second half of Spain Czech and I suffered nausea listening to the Fox Sports announcers beat on about Gavi and how he's the second coming of Xavi Iniesta, drooling on his presence on the pitch, near the end of the match they went as far as comparing him as the next Messi. They were so effusive about him felt like diarrhea was scripting their commentary. The best dribble Gavi made was with two defenders around him up to Czech's box where he ends by side passing to Ferret.

Iniesta Ultra

He also praised Seri when rumors came up of him being the "African Xavi" :lol:

But who cares, Riqui "the GOAT" Puig will surely get picked up by a big club with a coach not jealous of this insane generational talent this summer and then we will all realize his greatness. So nothing to worry about :coffee:

Diarrhea's appeal to authority fallacy, sounds about right for patients in a mental asylum repeating what other patients are saying. Soon you'll see me posting the same as well.

MTL_Barca

Bayern and Liverpool are going by Xavi's decisions, they probably can't fathom him benching Puig isn't based on merit so naturally they want the best and assume Xavi's starters are the best. Of course a good sporting director should be able to see beyond that with the best stat keeping money can buy, or just watching a considerable amount of a player's minutes.

So to sum this up, Xavi isn't playing him because he's jealous of his insane talent and every other coach (even the ones long before Xavi became coach) including their sporting directors, scouts etc are either in on the conspiracy, have their own personal agenda against Puig or are too dumb to see his greatness and blindly trust Xavi.

Yeah, makes sense i guess. No other explanation possible tbh. #JusticeForRiqui

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

So to sum this up, Xavi isn't playing him because he's jealous of his insane talent and every other coach (even the ones long before Xavi became coach) including their sporting directors, scouts etc are either in on the conspiracy, have their own personal agenda against Puig or are too dumb to see his greatness and blindly trust Xavi.

Yeah, makes sense i guess. No other explanation possible tbh. #JusticeForRiqui

Don't diarrhea me ffs! Everyone knew Koeman had a personal grudge. Setien was lost. Valverde thought Vidal and Rakitic were more important than Iniesta.

Before Xavi's demons appeared: https://twitter.com/barcatimes/status/1282315831087693825?lang=en

Wish I could say his 180 doesn't have occult influence.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans