6 - Gavi

serghei

Doesn't matter much if his clause is 100m. He can leave for free in 2023 and sign with any team in 6 months.

Iniesta Ultra

You seem to be increasingly butthurt for some reason. Passive aggressive smirking galore.

Like being unjustly put in an insane asylum, you can't reason with the truly crazy so you have to start mirroring them. All flying over the cuckoo's nest.

Seriously though I had no idea how bad Gavi's actually been until I started transcribing him. It's not his fault though just as it's not Ferret's, no real rebuild will come while Xavi's manager.

Last edited:

Porque

That's too low. He's eyeing another payrise in a year. Or do you mean it has increased automatically? I thought we're talking about the new contract

Same contract. Reported that in the third year it rises to 100m.

As Serghei said, let's sort this contract out quickly.

Horatio

You're welcome
That's too low. He's eyeing another payrise in a year. Or do you mean it has increased automatically? I thought we're talking about the new contract

If it is a moderate raise and his original salary is not ridiculous already and he delivers I have nothing against it.

Porque

I know it has been talked about a little a few days ago but I didn't see the full quotes by Busquets on Gavi posted here.

"He is still very young and has a lot to learn

I don't see the things I've seen in other teammates I've had, regardless of the fact that he's been at La Masia for many years. He still has a long way to go to understand the position game that we are trying to do and I don't know if it is because it has not been fully instilled in him or because he is still very young.

He still has a lot of knowledge to gain and he has to learn a lot of things and this will go very well for him, because he has an enormous natural talent that he shows every day"

---

What's the motive of talking like this exactly? Personal issue? Because it seems like a dig and not the words of a supposed captain.

Seems that he is still stuck in the relic of playing football like it is handball (along with Lenglet, but for different reasons).

Or just jealous he was a beanpole in the Juvenil team at the same age while Gavi is getting applauded by stadiums around Spain.

Gnidrologist

Like being unjustly put in an insane asylum, you can't reason with the truly crazy so you have to start mirroring them. All flying over the cuckoo's nest.

Seriously though I had no idea how bad Gavi's actually been until I started transcribing him. It's not his fault though just as it's not Ferret's, no real rebuild will come while Xavi's manager.
You ARE insane, if you still believe in Puig and put all this petty nitpicking at Pedri and Gavi to make a point. I was big fan of Puig, when he emerged, but it's obvious that he's one of those talents that was never meant to rise to excellence. As it seems, mostly because of his personal character flaws and lack of ambition. While Gavi may still look unpolished, he has had immense impact on teams he play for a pup this young, while Puig barely got any in his 20s. I don't know how Gavi or Pedri will develop, but they both show immensely more willpower and better work ethic than your twink boy ever did, despite all the posturing and smiles. You can count every touch he had in every game to nag about, but what i saw in these recent games for Spain NT was direct and i'd say very astute (in levels of maturity) involvement in creation of two goals for his teammates and scoring top quality goal himself. That's what count, not bunch of inconsequential touches or blunders that every single player had in games, where Spain, as per usuals, had majority of possession. The same was with Pedri in Euros, where he probably had lot of mediocre/bad touches, but stil was by far most creative player for Spain.
This is not a hill worthy to die on, bro.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Troll is obvious why waste your time? There are a bunch of them continuously pushing the limits to see how far they can go before they get banned.

Iniesta Ultra

You ARE insane, if you still believe in Puig and put all this petty nitpicking at Pedri and Gavi to make a point. I was big fan of Puig, when he emerged, but it's obvious that he's one of those talents that was never meant to rise to excellence. As it seems, mostly because of his personal character flaws and lack of ambition. While Gavi may still look unpolished, he has had immense impact on teams he play for a pup this young, while Puig barely got any in his 20s. I don't know how Gavi or Pedri will develop, but they both show immensely more willpower and better work ethic than your twink boy ever did, despite all the posturing and smiles. You can count every touch he had in every game to nag about, but what i saw in these recent games for Spain NT was direct and i'd say very astute (in levels of maturity) involvement in creation of two goals for his teammates and scoring top quality goal himself. That's what count, not bunch of inconsequential touches or blunders that every single player had in games, where Spain, as per usuals, had majority of possession. The same was with Pedri in Euros, where he probably had lot of mediocre/bad touches, but stil was by far most creative player for Spain.
This is not a hill worthy to die on, bro.

I'm not dying on a hill, Barca is. Performances transcriptions are not nitpick but an accurate description of a player, obviously more transcriptions equals larger statistical holistic picture. I used to do many transcriptions of setters for USA women's national team and a couple top college programs with the most elite setters specifically Lauren Plum of Oregon, Megan Moenoa of UCLA, and Bailey Choy of Hawaii. Lauren Plum was Puiged by undisputed GOAT player Karch Kiraly off the NT, while Moenoa and Choy were Puiged by their respective coaches ironically both considered elite setters when they were players Mike Sealy and Robyn Ah Mow-Santos respectively. The statistical superiority of these setters was similar to Puig's statistical superiority over Gavi. TV announcers revealed Sealy was close friend's with the parents of a much inferior setter Consani on UCLA while Ah Mow-Santos personally liked Iosia who had a similar personality to her while Choy was your 'typical' attractive bubblegum stress free with butter hands and skillset.

Women's vball's a much smaller community so I was in communication with parents of some of these players. An assistant for Karch Kiraly also participated on the forums and actually trolled me quite a bit to the point I offered to challenge Karch Kiraly or any of his proxy appointments to a setting battle with the women's national team in LA. I'm only 5' 10" which is perfect height for a setter in the women's game but the assistant refused to take my offer but he did quit trolling my performance transcriptions thereafter. As I mentioned before I would be a world class professional volleyball setter if I were at least 6" taller with killer hops. My hands and setting skills are as elite as they come, think a cross of Bruno of Olympic Gold medal Brazil or Marouf of Iran.

I stopped following women's vball after the endless Puiging of the best American setters and destruction of both NT and collegiate programs. Never could I imagine this same nepotism, personal agendas of managers threatened by their players' wc talent especially ones who played the same position, and total disregard for statistical superiority in every category could exist in highest levels of football. There's no accountability for women's vball since the money's too low although a top player still makes 1M a season. I realize I'm asking too much for meritocracy in vball and football, but doesn't mean I'll ever join the insane asylum and root for the Gavis of the world and forget how bright Barca's future could've been.

Messigician

I know it has been talked about a little a few days ago but I didn't see the full quotes by Busquets on Gavi posted here.

"He is still very young and has a lot to learn

I don't see the things I've seen in other teammates I've had, regardless of the fact that he's been at La Masia for many years. He still has a long way to go to understand the position game that we are trying to do and I don't know if it is because it has not been fully instilled in him or because he is still very young.

He still has a lot of knowledge to gain and he has to learn a lot of things and this will go very well for him, because he has an enormous natural talent that he shows every day"

---

What's the motive of talking like this exactly? Personal issue? Because it seems like a dig and not the words of a supposed captain.

Seems that he is still stuck in the relic of playing football like it is handball (along with Lenglet, but for different reasons).

Or just jealous he was a beanpole in the Juvenil team at the same age while Gavi is getting applauded by stadiums around Spain.

He's not wrong

Home of Barca Fans