6 - Gavi

Gari

Gavi is a strange player. He has talent. But as a midfielder, he does not fulfill his role. In midfield, Busquets is slow, Gavi is running all over the field, and De Jong has never found his position. This trio will not win the center of the field.

Porque

The team lost it's direction post Frankfurt (with warning signs straight after the International break). Not surprised Gavi was the main inheritor of this given his age and perhaps fatigue.

Raketa10

I am 100% behind Laporta on this one. Gavi is a 17y old kid who played ONE (ore maybe half) good season in his life. This is not the way kids should behave. He got his chance way sooner than some really big names like Iniesta or Xavi or even Thiago. In 4 years he will have 21y FFS and plenty of time to earn some BIG bucks! In comparison Modric came to Real with 27y of age and look where he ended up. 17y old kids should learn that they can't accomplish big things over night. Furthermore, if 1 mill more or less is the ONLY thing that drives them at that age they for sure won't fully develop their potential. I really hoped that Gavi isn't another Moriba but things don't look good at all.

Last edited:

Catta

If he is motivated by greed, he can join his buddy Moriba. Guys like Pedri renewed in an instant, and even Araujo after draging it on, told his agent to accept, because he wants to stay.

Ffs it seems it is easier to renew players we bought, than those from La Masia.

Raketa10

If he is motivated by greed, he can join his buddy Moriba. Guys like Pedri renewed in an instant, and even Araujo after draging it on, told his agent to accept, because he wants to stay.

Ffs it seems it is easier to renew players we bought, than those from La Masia.

Unfortunately that's true. I can't remember any player who was blackmailing his club at the age of 17 and than had a big career. This is definitely not the right way. People say well he was our starter. Yes, he was due to the fact that Pedri was injured for half of the season. If that wasn't the case he wouldn't have played that much. In addition to that we had a crap of the season and our midfield couldn't even dominate against Frankfurt. I seriously can't believe that this kid isn't grateful for the chance he got with only 17y of age. Not even Messi (who is a fucking GOAT) had Gavi's minutes when he was 17y old. Unbelievable things!

Last edited:

Porque

Mbappe has requested the signing of Gavi by PSG. He wants to learn the complete freedom and self-authenticity of how to play football without the constraints of tied laces. [Marcass]

Catta

I would bet that his agent is lying. I sincerely doubt that Laporta would be lying on this topic as it would make no sense. Maybe his agent requested an improved offer and we refused to do that.

I believe so to, and I'm starting to doubt that he will stay. Barca should stand firm on their offer, if he doesn't want to accept it, he is free to leave.

Joan

I would bet that his agent is lying. I sincerely doubt that Laporta would be lying on this topic as it would make no sense. Maybe his agent requested an improved offer and we refused to do that.

Likely scenario. Can't see Laporta lying about this. Even if he wanted to push Gavi out, would be a dumb way to do so.

JamDav1982

Doubt Laporta is lying?

If he can lie about Messi last summer then can do same about Gavi this time round.

Lied about plenty so far.

Zidane82

Gavi is a strange player. He has talent. But as a midfielder, he does not fulfill his role. In midfield, Busquets is slow, Gavi is running all over the field, and De Jong has never found his position. This trio will not win the center of the field.

He is 17 !!!!!

Home of Barca Fans