6 - Gavi

mc_lovin

You guys need to watch his highlights against Madrid. Went under the radar a bit, but he was fantastic and pure quality on the ball.

JamDav1982

Gavi kept ball better v Madrid in last game but nothing special.

Playing AM/LW and creating less chances than Busi and FDJ and never looking like scoring.

Got on ball more and didnt lose it as much as in other games but FDJ/Busi/Roberto/Kessie and Raphinha were all more effective than him.

JamDav1982

Gavi kept ball better v Madrid in last game but nothing special.

Playing AM/LW and creating less chances than Busi and FDJ and never looking like scoring.

Got on ball more and didnt lose it as much as in other games but FDJ/Busi/Roberto/Kessie and Raphinha were all more effective than him.

Stll too man moments of poor awareness and dives/pushed off ball as a result.

Game before that in Madrd he was beyone awful and looked like a competiton winner.

mdenci

Pedri first needs to work on his body so he can cope with the rigors of professional football at the top. Then we can talk. Until then, talent is not nearly enough. That's all there is to it. I know Barca fans are usually delusional and jizz themselves when they see a technical player dreaming of Iniesta and Messi, but get real.

Pedri has been missing a lot of games. Last season, and this season as well. Seems like when the season is getting more intense and physically more demanding, he gets some kind of physical problems.

He has a lot of improving to do physically. And I value physicality a lot pesonally.

You keep bashing a 20-year old kid about physicality... Messi was considured injury prone back in that age, remember (after some time, they put together a new stretching routine just for him and the problem was solved)? Besides, in his first senior season with Barca, Pedri played 72 matches, not one injury... Since then he started bulking up to prepare himself better, but it takes time for a young body to adjust to change and these couple of injuries are the result of that adjusting.

mdenci

Pedri first needs to work on his body so he can cope with the rigors of professional football at the top. Then we can talk. Until then, talent is not nearly enough. That's all there is to it. I know Barca fans are usually delusional and jizz themselves when they see a technical player dreaming of Iniesta and Messi, but get real.

Pedri has been missing a lot of games. Last season, and this season as well. Seems like when the season is getting more intense and physically more demanding, he gets some kind of physical problems.

He has a lot of improving to do physically. And I value physicality a lot pesonally.

You keep bashing a 20-year old kid about physicality... Messi was considured injury prone back in that age, remember (after some time, they put together a new stretching routine just for him and the problem was solved)? Besides, in his first senior season with Barca, Pedri played 72 matches, not one injury... Since then he started bulking up to prepare himself better, but it takes time for a young body to adjust to change and these couple of injuries are the result of that adjusting.

mdenci

fergus90

First Pedri needs to play a season without major time off. Then we can talk. As of now, Gavi is more important for the team.

He played about 80 games on the bounce when he first broke through. Last couple years he has got injured in crucial games, that is true. But he?s only 20, could go injury free for the next ten years for all we know.

Kul_z

He played about 80 games on the bounce when he first broke through. Last couple years he has got injured in crucial games, that is true. But he?s only 20, could go injury free for the next ten years for all we know.

Exactly. People forget often that at very young age he played a season 60 games plus, and ofcourse it came with the price. Now, with full preseason, without that much nt obligations he should be fine

serghei

True. We should all abstain from making definitive arguments about Pedri and Gavi. Could very well bounce in any direction. Atm, it's close, Pedri is probably slightly better (a level above is a major exaggeration, even rating sites have them rated extremely close), but I'd stick with Gavi because of the reasons I've mentioned, mainly personality and fitness. I like his courage, determination and resilience. These qualities go a long way at the top imo.

Last edited:

serghei

You finally caved in. Hhahahaha. Took a while.

Ur lucky forums didnt work properly for me these last few days. Gave you a bit more time before I calles you out on this.

I don't think I've ever said Gavi is more talented than Pedri. Value wise, very close, and I personally like Gavi more. That's all. Can respect those who think Pedri is better, just don't like people trashing Gavi or making Pedri seem much better. Really not the case.

The attitude on the field of Gavi and Balde is superb. These guys have a naturally competitive attitude which I love to see in any youngster. Couldn't care less if Gavi steps over the line sometimes. :lol:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I don't think I've ever said Gavi is more talented than Pedri. Value wise, very close, and I personally like Gavi more. That's all. Can respect those who think Pedri is better, just don't like people trashing Gavi or making Pedri seem much better. Really not the case.

The attitude on the field of Gavi and Balde is superb. These guys have a naturally competitive attitude which I love to see in any youngster. Couldn't care less if Gavi steps over the line sometimes. :lol:

Definitely called Gavi the bigger talent.

But I guess we are in line for another 'heres what I really meant' response.

Balde is more like Pedri in calmly performing at a much higher level than Gavi has shown for the moment.

Gavi gets carried away and looks too distracted by his aggresion to make poor decisions too often from giving away ball, diving when no need at all or struggling to find the ball positonally.

Gavi could do with having a bit more of Pedri/Balde about him and calmer/better decision maker when needed.

Really he hasnt been one of the top 10 midfielders in La Liga this season most likely and without Pedri not been picking up the creative side of game for Barca at all and even Roberto and Kessie been more impactful in final third while FDJ and Busi are creating more than him.

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

Never thought Jam would call out Chihua so correctly nor give Imho any respect. Hard to deny though when glaringly obvious. Pretty sure he wouldn't even make starting lineup for Galaxy rn considering how intelligent Vanney is.

JamDav1982

Dropped for Ceballos tonight.

Should be more technical than Scotland but that is worst Spain team have ever seen.

None of those starters bar Rodri even gets in the England squad.

The Spain u21 team is fucking awful also tonight.

Sad times.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans