6 - Gavi

vegitot

Far from it. People want Koeman to continue one more year even though we were trashed in CL and probably will lose the title as well.

Nope. People still thrash Koeman everytime he loses and want him to leave. It is always like this: Koeman loses, people thrash him, want Xavi and use Puig then Barca will dominate the whole world.

xXKonan

I have seen a tweet saying that we ignored better talents than the ones that are currently given a chance.

Going by my memory of the B team I don't think that is true and even the highly rated ones like Sergio Gomez, Pablo Moreno that left aren't exactly lighting the world on fire either.

Samper even without his injuries was always going to be a tough battle, he was far too slow and not mobile enough to make it here as an option long term. The sport changing to a point where players like him with his weaknesses will never cut it for a team like ours.

Grimaldo, Back then I wanted him to get a chance but he's been with Benfica since 2016, and Benfica fans still have mixed views on him.

Man we can just go on and on but Fati, Mortiba, Araujo, Mingueza if you ask me are some of the best prospects from La Masia or B team in Araujo's case we have had in recent memory. Araujo is not from La Masia but he was far better than the likes of Quintilla, Tarin etc.

Last edited:

serghei

EV never really cared for developing players. He was rather conservative in that regard and liked to work with mostly mature players. Fati was developed because he was out of options at the time with all of Messi, Suarez, Dembele injured. Malcolm for example never got a chance except for some scrub minutes.

He used the old midfield Vidal - Rakitic - Busquets instead of maybe giving a chance to a La Masia player.

EV was a short-term manager with a short-term plan of getting the last bit of sweat from the older players. He wasn't interested to lay a solid foundation for years to come.

Joan

Man we can just go on and on but Fati, Mortiba, Araujo, Mingueza if you ask me are some of the best prospects from La Masia or B team in Araujo's case we have had in recent memory. Araujo is not from La Masia but he was far better than the likes of Quintilla, Tarin etc.

It's a simple fact that out of all the young talents we've had lately, the ones who stayed at Barca are having the most prominent careers for the nonce. The possible exception to the rule being Garcia, who's coming back either way.

Edit: yeah, Malcom. Another one Valverde was right about :valverde2:

JamDav1982

EV never really cared for developing players. He was rather conservative in that regard and liked to work with mostly mature players. Fati was developed because he was out of options at the time with all of Messi, Suarez, Dembele injured. Malcolm for example never got a chance except for some scrub minutes.

He used the old midfield Vidal - Rakitic - Busquets instead of maybe giving a chance to a La Masia player.

EV was a short-term manager with a short-term plan of getting the last bit of sweat from the older players. He wasn't interested to lay a solid foundation for years to come.

Fati got a chance due to injuries as many young players do and then he kept him in squad and playing him so no it wasnt just down to injuries. He realised how good Fati was early doors and he immediately got opporunities.

Malcolm got plenty of chances. His biggest issue is that he was shite on the left wing which initally tried to play him and then when on right he had Messi to compete with but even then still got decent amount of minutes. Just wasnt good enough too often.

Malcolm was another one the club and EV were correct on and to take the 50m for.

Try to name any players that were 'ignored' that proved to be good enough and will struggle.

serghei

Yes, Malcom, the guy who scored in the Clasico as a right-winger, and then was benched in the Cup Final only to have Roberto playing as a right-winger. Then Malcom was subbed in the 2nd half, we start to work that flank, creates a big chance, and later on makes the assist.

Valverde was so right... :lol: Guy was clueless about some things, and had a hard-on for some players to the point of not seeing the obvious. Like the fact that Malcom was actually a competent and aggressive right-winger who could beat his man, unlike Roberto.

Last edited:

serghei

The guy who scored once in 20 or so matches for Zenit? :lol: What a miss

That's a bad argument. We're talking about what he did at Barcelona. Or you never saw good players perform badly for some different team before?

JamDav1982

Yes, Malcom, the guy who scored in the Clasico as a right-winger, and then was benched in the Cup Final only to have Roberto playing as a right-winger. Then Malcom was subbed in the 2nd half, we start to work that flank, creates a big chance, and later on makes the assist.

Valverde was so right... :lol: Guy was clueless about some things, and had a hard-on for some players to the point of not seeing the obvious. Like the fact that Malcom was actually a competent and aggressive right-winger who can beat his man, unlike Roberto.

Yes same Malcolm.

What you fail to realise is that Messi came back the next game at RW and Malcolm was not going to play there ahead of him regardless how well he did in that Real game. Also the next three games were all tight and tight games going late that Messi was never going to be subbed out in either.

Every other time he scored/assisted he got game time and towards end of season got a run of game.

All been explained to you many times.

Valverde was right on him. Was nowhere near the player that Barca needed as couldnt play LW and was not going to get a lot of time as a Messi back up.

Lucky to get 50m for him.

Last edited:

serghei

Yes same Malcolm.

What you fail to realise is that Messi came back the next game at RW and Malcolm was not going to play there ahead of him regardless how well he did in that Real game. Also the next three games were all tight and tight games going late that Messi was never going to be subbed out in either.

Every other time he scored/assisted he got game time and towards end of season got a run of game.

All been explained to you many times.

Valverde was right on him. Was nowhere near the player that Barca needed.

Care to explain to me why Valverde played Roberto as a right-winger in the Cup Final, with Suarez suspended? Probably PTSD from Anfield, but still... that's pretty dumb.

JamDav1982

Care to explain to me why Valverde played Roberto as a right-winger in the Cup Final, with Suarez suspended? Probably PTSD from Anfield, but still... that's pretty dumb.

If he 'Malcom was a better RW than Roberto' is best can come up with it tells its own story.

In that situation Malcom should have played ahead of Roberto but that doesnt ignore why Malcolm played as often as he did remainder of season and why he was sold.

Semedo was shite and Roberto better RB and EV right on that. Doesnt get negated if he fucks up and plays someone worse at RB in one game for example.

Last edited:

Joan

That's a bad argument. We're talking about what he did at Barcelona. Or you never saw good players perform badly for some different team before?

It shows he didn't go on to have a good career. And I think, even if it's worse than one could've thought, that it's not at all unexpected.

Yet you're here talking about things he did at Barca. Do you that's his only Primera goal? He's got 4 goals in 24 performances for Barcelona. Not some promising numbers.

We ought to look beyond numbers, but from what I remember, Barca got lucky to get 50 m for him.

serghei

If he 'Malcom was a better RW than Roberto' is best can come up with it tells its own story.

In that situation Malcom should have played ahead of Roberto but that doesnt ignore why Malcolm played as often as he did remainder of season and why he was sold.

I said Malcom wasn't given a fair shot by EV. Starting Roberto in the Cup final even though we needed a right-winger due to Suarez being suspended is crystal clear proof of that.

JamDav1982

I said Malcom wasn't given a fair shot by EV. Starting Roberto in the Cup final even though we needed a right-winger due to Suarez being suspended is crystal clear proof of that.

No it isnt.

The evidence of the bulk of the season far outweighs one game.

All you are saying is he wasnt given a shot in that one particular game. Which yes EV was wrong to go with the formation he did and play Roberto.

Keep pointing to that when your other arguments dont stand up though.

Also he wasnt given 'no shot' he was taken on at HT. He just wasnt given a shot from start. You act like kept Roberto at RW all game.

Home of Barca Fans