JamDav1982

2008 Spain, Pep's style
2010 Spain, Pep's style
2012 Spain, Pep's style
2014 Germany, Pep's style

2016 Portugal, not Pep
2018 France, not Pep
2020 Italy, not Pep

Yes, Germany won it in 2014 with Pep's style, but my admiration for German style came before 2014'.

In 2018 or 2020, I had faith in Germans due to their historical mentality, inspite of still playing Pep's influenced football.

But lately, after seeing that their new style is not efficient anymore, paired with a lost German mentality, meh players, no leaders and meh coach = I have gave up from current Germans.

You could say that this is the same team as in 2018 and 2020 when I hyped them.
You are right

But, I didn't see it back then

You keep saying Germany played Pep football in 2018 and 2020 when backed them at time in large part because said they didnt and played in opposite way. It was not about mentality 'despite playing in way influenced by Pep'. You again are rewriting history.

You backed Germany when had 40% of ball in group stages and were not playing anything like a Pep way or trying to and back them both tournaments because of the power, pace etc they had so no you were not seeing them as a heavily Pepinfluenced side.. quite rightly.

None of that makes any sense no matter how many stabs take at it from different angles.

BBZ8800

He figured out that Bumsi Flick is no good.

Yeah

And they went from this:
141379_huge.jpg

images

To this:
images

Yeah, it won't work...

fergus90

BBZ, may I ask what your ideal of football is? I know you like strong mentality, physicality and direct type but I wanted to verify. It is a bit odd, at least to me that you became a Barca fan. Did the earlier Barca (I started watching Barca only after Ronaldinho came) espouse or carry those characteristics and traits that made you a Barca fan? To me you should have been a Bayern, Madrid fan. :p

By the way Kimmich does get angry often and he is sort of a leader at Bayern and with Germany. You see him being angry and pumping his fists encouraging his teammates often. Schweinsteiger (one of my favorite players of all time) on the other hand was a quite nice guy type of player.

True, I swear Schweinsteiger cut his face one time at the World Cup and has been painted as some warrior ever since by some. The guys abilities were all about his passing and positioning not warrior mentality. I love Kimmich as a player too but he's much angrier than Schweinsteiger ever was.

malvolio

Yeah

And they went from this:
141379_huge.jpg

images

To this:
images

Yeah, it won't work...

Mate, german football was shit. If you're a robot maybe you could enjoy it. Otherwise, even today, it's the same physicality, rigorousness and discipline.

You must really hate football to be a fan of that.

fergus90

The Germans being some elite mentality monsters is a myth, they lost just as many if not more finals than other nations. Bayern lost the CL final in 1999 with two goals in two minutes. Lost the 2010, 2012 CL finals, Germany lost the World Cup final in 2002 and lost Euro's in 2008 semi final to Spain.

JamDav1982

Mate, german football was shit. If you're a robot maybe you could enjoy it. Otherwise, even today, it's the same physicality, rigorousness and discipline.

From someone who pines for Pique/Busi etc.

Aye they are better to watch..

Morten

I don't think their football is quite the same, at least for Bayern, and by extent the NT, they become more focused on possession after Peps arrival.

KingLeo10

The Germans being some elite mentality monsters is a myth, they lost just as many if not more finals than other nations. Bayern lost the CL final in 1999 with two goals in two minutes. Lost the 2010, 2012 CL finals, Germany lost the World Cup final in 2002 and lost Euro's in 2008 semi final to Spain.

Bayern has lost 5 CL finals (2nd most after Juve) and Germany has lost 4 WC finals (record) and 3 Euros (record).

They win a lot but lose a lot too. Their calling card is that they're always in the mix, not that they win every time (I'm afraid only RM in EC/CL can claim that :lol: )

malvolio

I don't think their football is quite the same, at least for Bayern, and by extent the NT, they become more focused on possession after Peps arrival.

There is some new flavour, that's true. But it's mostly from immigrants having their own style. Musiala, Sane or Gnabry are not your average German player.

JamDav1982

Sammer and Effenberg screamed and bled their way to... WC quarter final exists.

While chior boys like Ozil and Gotze lifted the trophy.

'Losers moan about doing their best.. winners go home and fuck the prom Queen'.

JamDav1982

There is some new flavour, that's true. But it's mostly from immigrants having their own style. Musiala, Sane or Gnabry are not your average German player.

Dont talk utter pish as usual.

There has been some very skilled German players through the years and not those you call 'immigrants'.

Stop spoutinng off on subjects you have no clue about.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
True, I swear Schweinsteiger cut his face one time at the World Cup and has been painted as some warrior ever since by some. The guys abilities were all about his passing and positioning not warrior mentality. I love Kimmich as a player too but he's much angrier than Schweinsteiger ever was.

Yeah, Schweini being a tough guy was a myth. I think it was the 2012 CL final when Bayern was in the penalty shootout against Chelsea, during which he didn't want to watch his teammates or something. I like Schweinsteiger for many reasons and being "a tough guy" was never one of them, and I don't like Kimmich that much precisely because he is often too angry for my liking. :p

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I think for Bayern (and the German NT consequently) the possession style football started with Louis van Gaal's arrival.

Home of Barca Fans