World Cup 2022

L3v1s

It's been a week since this magical moment. Wishing all those who celebrate a blessed and Merry Christmas with their loved ones!

Windhook

Saw today few kids playing with the Adidas Tango ball in the neighbourhood. Must be the most iconic ball ever. I love the France WC'98 design as well.

BarcaOG

Banned
football should be in the hands of those who love it, not those who want to sell it

48 team wc is going to be a snooze

raskolnikov

football should be in the hands of those who love it, not those who want to sell it

48 team wc is going to be a snooze

I read infantino even wants it every 3 years.
They really ruining it by making it too much.

Same with euro's 24 teams was enough, wc 32 is perfect and keep it every 4 years.

BarcaOG

Banned
I read infantino even wants it every 3 years.
They really ruining it by making it too much.

Same with euro's 24 teams was enough, wc 32 is perfect and keep it every 4 years.

pls no

copa america is already whacky because they play it irregularly at 2,1 and 3 year intervals. ive never understood it

Inb4 Happy New Year to forum members, hope FCB has a better season in 2023, with honours hopefully.

Anyway, do you think England will finally win another WC until the end of the decade? Feels like even Uruguay will win another before lol.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Inb4 Happy New Year to forum members, hope FCB has a better season in 2023, with honours hopefully.

Anyway, do you think England will finally win another WC until the end of the decade? Feels like even Uruguay will win another before lol.

Happy New Year.

England will have the squad to win in 2026, but it ultimately depends on Southgate or whomever is leading the team making the right decisions.

Windhook

Good question. I think the secret is to have a core of players playing at the same club. PL being so international at this point this looks impossible. I don't expect England to win the World Cup soon.

raskolnikov

pls no

copa america is already whacky because they play it irregularly at 2,1 and 3 year intervals. ive never understood it

True that. I think it was every 2 years at some point, then every 3 years but that would also clash with the world cup at times so it shoukd be every year after the world cup.
Then it would make sense from 2007 on.
2007-2011-2015- then we get the 100 year anniversary exception in 2016 (I think they should have just postponed the 2015 edition by a year) and then its back on schedule again 2019.

Bt then it gets messed up again. Why was there another tournament in 2020 which was postponend due to covid for a year to 2021?

I looked it up and it was a conmebol switch to have it in line with the euro's.
Again, just postpone the 2019 edition then, especially since you already had a tournament in 2016?

But okay, here we are and the next one is up for 2024 then 2028 and it should be normal pattern again after that.

Having a cup to often takes away from the prestige. As does having too many countries.

However for copa america I feel concacaf and conmebol should just merge and make it a real copa america. Make it more fun with canada, USA, Mexico and the rest.

Ideally I would like for it to stay on the off year after the world cup so we dont have Euro's and Copa America on the same year. That way we have a good football tournament every year without off years.
So they went backwards with the switch up imo but it should be every 4 years again.
Now just add concacaf and it would be a cooler tournament at least.
Also they should skip the guest country shit. Imagine France being invited for some more dollars and mbappe winning Copa America in Brazil or something. Its ridiculous.

World cup should stay at 32 teams every 4 years. I dont tryst that incompetent fool Infantino to not ruin it. He is somehow even worse than Blatter.

Euro's should also switch back to 16 teams, 24 really ruins it.

I like the little supercup matchup between the euro's and copa america winner.
Thats a fun winter match up and way better than the moronic federations cup that thankfully get shelved.

Last edited:

Messigician

Temp licking his chops at this news

🚨 Mohamed Bin Hammam is wanted in France over an international arrest warrant! ⚖️

The Qatari is facing accusations of “acts of private corruption linked to the awarding of the Football World Cup to Qatar." 💰🇶🇦

(Source: @lequipe)

Home of Barca Fans