World Cup 2022

JohnN

Majority of best players being from the top footbaling nations sounds absolutely normal to me.
It would be weird if they weren't. Also, notice how England is so low on the list but has the best national league and Brazil so high but has on of the worse? It's just they traditionaly have good talents, the English not so much. Also, Brazil is massive.

raskolnikov

This guy was a great ref in a tough game.
Imagine Lahoz in that match. Would have been a bloodbath.
His call on that Thuram dive was amazing.

Hardy

I rewatched the game, first of all I still have no idea where Argentina found the mental fortitude to stay in the match after the equalize, the first shot on target for France was the penalty, the second one was the equalize, this is not much far away from what happened in Istanbul between Milan and Liverpool, of course 2-0 lead is more easy to recover but all this shit happened when the game was close to the end, usually this is a kind of match that ends 2-4 for the team that was leading 2-0, and it's even more impressive because we're talking about players that have almost no experience to play at this stage, they won copa america ok but it's not wc and there wasn't crowd.

Second point, Otamendi almost costed a WC to Argentina with a couple of fucks up, not only the penalty but in that last chance where Dibu made the miracle he tried a stupid bicycle kick to chase the ball.

JohnN

The football Gods were with otamendi. He has these brainfarts every match in the last minutes.
But they managed to win so nothing else matters.

KingLeo10

I rewatched the game, first of all I still have no idea where Argentina found the mental fortitude to stay in the match after the equalize, the first shot on target for France was the penalty, the second one was the equalize, this is not much far away from what happened in Istanbul between Milan and Liverpool, of course 2-0 lead is more easy to recover but all this shit happened when the game was close to the end, usually this is a kind of match that ends 2-4 for the team that was leading 2-0, and it's even more impressive because we're talking about players that have almost no experience to play at this stage, they won copa america ok but it's not wc and there wasn't crowd.

Second point, Otamendi almost costed a WC to Argentina with a couple of fucks up, not only the penalty but in that last chance where Dibu made the miracle he tried a stupid bicycle kick to chase the ball.

Wouldn't have been the greatest WC final of all time (and one of the best football matches in history) if Argentina cruised to that 2-0 W. The way it unfolded adds to the legend of the game and Messi (scoring another goal in ET, setting up other chances in ET, and scoring probably the most important penalty of his life in the shootout).

Just thankful we came out on the winning side of this epic :lol:

Windhook

Wouldn't have been the greatest WC final of all time (and one of the best football matches in history) if Argentina cruised to that 2-0 W. The way it unfolded adds to the legend of the game and Messi (scoring another goal in ET, setting up other chances in ET, and scoring probably the most important penalty of his life in the shootout).

Just thankful we came out on the winning side of this epic :lol:

Messi seemed 500% confident. People criticised him for lack of leadership for years, but he finally found the balance. You know we are used to Pique clapping VAMOS shouts after every conceded goal.:lol:

Windhook

Saw the ultimate moment of this clip few days ago. But watching the whole thing and what Lobo Carrasco goes through...

Otamendi and Lautaro Martinez have no place in the starting squad, they almost cost Argentina the WC and luck won't always be on their side like in the final.

Windhook

My god, at this angle you can see how good the one touch passing and aggression was of the Argentine players in winning the ball back and going on the counter.

Deserving champions.

Argentina played the best football on the tournament. Watching this clip every 30 minutes for the last few hours. Again and again, might be the greatest goal of any final. Definitely on par with Carlos Alberto's goal against Italy in 1970 WC final.

eaman

Argentina played the best football on the tournament. Watching this clip every 30 minutes for the last few hours. Again and again, might be the greatest goal of any final. Definitely on par with Carlos Alberto's goal against Italy in 1970 WC final.

Had to be better. Much quicker pace

Home of Barca Fans