World Cup 2022

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Should have stepped aside a long time ago.

He and Santos at Portugal are similar. Ultra conservative managers who were good once, but the game have moved on from them and they are holding their teams back.

khaled_a_d

For 5 teams to go through?

Not that I know hell lot of African NTs right now, but judging from the previous world cup, it seems that Senegal, Tynisia, Algeria and Marocco are too strong to miss out.
So the only chance for Egypt is to draw Nigeria?

Egypt has a chance against any team, but it is literally just a chance :lol: Would say it ranges from 20% chance against Algeria & Senegal and up to 40% with Nigeria and Tunisia.
Morocco is good and historically they destroyed us (we had 31 one years for example without scoring against them, between 1986 and 2017) but they are tier behind Senegal and Algeria.
We don't have a good generation, new coach so don't know how good with us he will be (Cuper was great for example) and Salah is one of our worst performers in recent months.
Main hope is Salah perform to the way we are used to.
But the matches should be interesting tbh, the tier 2 teams are all good and capable of making things difficult, other than Congo but they have Cuper

Morten

Should have stepped aside a long time ago.

He and Santos at Portugal are similar. Ultra conservative managers who were good once, but the game have moved on from them and they are holding their teams back.

Are they? Portugal has a great squad, who will replace the likes of Suarez, Cavani, Godin? I havent paid too much attention, but Uruguays squad is mediocre isn't it?

Horatio

You're welcome
I dunno why and I have not watched African qualifiers, but from little sounds I have picked up Morocco will surprise on WC? People know Ziyech is not part of NT anymore?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Are they? Portugal has a great squad, who will replace the likes of Suarez, Cavani, Godin? I havent paid too much attention, but Uruguays squad is mediocre isn't it?

It's not that bad. They have some interesting players like Araujo, Darwin Nunez and your very own Fede Valverde.

One of Tabarez' issues is persisting with some of the old guard that's mediocre and for some reason sometimes not even playing Cavani and Suarez together. He's the type of man that plays not to lose rather than to win.

I mean Peru doesn't have a better squad do they? Yet Gareca is elevating what they can do. Tabarez is holding Uruguay back.

El Gato

Villarato!
Is that both Fred and Alex Sandro I'm seeing out there?
Jesus
Switching off
I can't take Brazil seriously since Kaka retired

Home of Barca Fans