World Cup 2022

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Problem Argentina had with Saudi Arabia was they didn't park the bus and were so fit and pressed so much. Poland parked the bus and look how that ended

if they had ?lvarez and Enzo on instead of the garbage they had on that day they would of won quite easily.

JamDav1982

It wasn't easier in general play though. They were shocking at holding onto the ball. They also had plenty of chances with the parked bus as well though.Anyway ya they look a better team with Fern?ndez and alvarez alright

Dont agree.

They were more dominant side in first half and could have been out of sight even if were getting pressure in midfield.

Messi and Argentina looked out of ideas in that second half and completely frustrated.

There is a reason Saudi Arabia changed to park bus and they wouldnt do that if felt first half went so well.

raskolnikov

if they had ?lvarez and Enzo on instead of the garbage they had on that day they would of won quite easily.

I do feel Enzo is the best lo celso replacement they have.
He's their missing midfield link, if they have de paul pick up hos gane. It was already better today.
Im not sure about home alone, but he looks decent enough.

That acu?a guy sucks though. Tagliafico is better.

JamDav1982

I do feel Enzo is the best lo celso replacement they have.
He's their missing midfield link, if they have de paul pick up hos gane. It was already better today.
Im not sure about home alone, but he looks decent enough.

That acu?a guy sucks though. Tagliafico is better.

Enzo wasnt playing the Lo Celso role though.. MacAllister was.

Enzo was the deepest mid playing position Paredes has in past with De Paul.

raskolnikov

Not exactly unfair on England. France is only one game and if it is the Netherlands that is a tough game because of the mental pressure of playing a usual top nation even if they are not at their best. What would you like for them to swap? Then it would be unfair on Argentina. If Argentina do manage to make the semis it will be very tough from then on
Fair has f all to do with it. I dont bekieve that should be able to beat every opponent stuff either.

Germany 2002 basically was oliver Khan, Ballack, Klose and 8 npc's. That was the easiest route ever.
One win away from a wc win.

From Argentina's perspective, let them pick each other apart, reach semi's and then you need some wc magic/luck.
But first Australia.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Enzo is an incredible player. Too bad he is linked to Real Madrid as their backup plan in case they cannot sign Bellingham :lol:

L3v1s

Any reason that we are not seeing Dybala ??

I wanted to see him do a cameo aswell because it seems that he's the infinite bench warmer for Argentina. But if we take a simple guess it's probably because they can't be both accommodated in the starting starting XI at the same time. Both left footed, both have a similar playing style so they would overlap each other... Dybala is unfortunate to share the same position with Messi because he does have some quality in that left foot. It's funny because some people(me included)saw him as the true heir to Messi due to so many similarities, but it looks like his career kinda went downhill after 2018.

JohnN

Acuna was so shockingly bad I was praying for tagliafico, who isn't so great himself, but still miles better, and had a really good cut back after one of those classic diagonal Messi passes.
Lautaro had a shocking miss 1v1, one of those that he really should score in later stages.
The XI this match (except for LB) was the best available.
Now let's see id Spain are able to beat Japan and let's watch the Germans trash Costa Rica.

raskolnikov

Japan basically need to win vs Spain so im thinking Spain will easily win a 2-0 type victory wland Germany to crush Costa Rica like 5-0.

Home of Barca Fans