World Cup 2022

FinBarcelonafan

How could Japan beat Germany and then lose from this Costa Rica team... Amazing scenes in this WC

It's shocking. It feels like the previous game means crap, in terms of performance. Teams are all over, one great game, then terrible etc.

Of course, makes it more interesting for the fans so can't complain. This was annoying though .

JamDav1982

Germany are not that lucky..

If Spain beat them today they are more or less secured in first place and could easily coast to a draw with Japan or even lose and put Germany out.

fergus90

Germany aren’t that lucky. They should have buried Japan in the last game, had loads of chances at 1-0 to score again.

But that’s what makes these tournaments interesting. One loss and the next game is basically seen as a final.

Most groups will be wide open until the final game which is what it should be about.

eaman

Odds were stupid high on Costa Rica too
If Germans win this group will be juicy

If Germany lose I'd still see them going through. They'll hammer Costa Rica. Even a Spanish second string would beat Japan more than likely. But if Spain want Germany out that's a different story

JamDav1982

True.
If Spain loses or draws with Germany, they are out if Japan wins vs Spain and Germany wins vs Costa Rica.

Not true.

If Spain draw today they would be on 4 pts and would have 8 of a better goal difference than Germany who would need to overcome that to put Spain out even if Spain lost to Japan.

Horatio

You're welcome
Spain will be in trouble if they fail to even win one of the upcoming games. BBZ with the eye-opener per usual.

raskolnikov

Germany got very lucky. Had Japan atleast drew that match and Spain not lose vs Germany they could have pulled some disgrace of gijon type stuff to both qualify.

Now I think Germany is trough even if they lose vs Spain. They will crush costa rica and Japan wont beat b level Spain.

eaman

Germany got very lucky. Had Japan atleast drew that match and Spain not lose vs Germany they could have pulled some disgrace of gijon type stuff to both qualify.

Now I think Germany is trough even if they lose vs Spain. They will crush costa rica and Japan wont beat b level Spain.

Japan would only need a draw but b level Spain would more than likely beat them. But what if Spain don't want to meet Germany again in the semis I think it would be. They might just take it easy

BBZ8800

Not true.

If Spain draw today they would be on 4 pts and would have 8 of a better goal difference than Germany who would need to overcome that to put Spain out even if Spain lost to Japan.

Ah, true
Sorry

Even though, Germany winning against Costarica 7:0 wouldn't be totally impossible.

They scored 7 vs Brazil and 8 vs Barca

Home of Barca Fans