World Cup 2022

Hardy

Messi and Di Maria are 70 years between them. They will need to give 110% and not sure they have much left in the tank at this age.

compared to brazil they looked slow motion team:lol: thanks god they flucked that win last year in copa, maybe also with the help that there wasn't full crowd.

Blackened

Eden Hazard: ?Germany?s gesture? They would?ve done better if they didn?t do it & tried to win. We're here to play football, I'm not here to convey a political message.?

Fair enough, but I am wondering when is Fatso Hazard planning to actually start playing football?
Hazard is a Muslim.

fergus90

Belgium I don’t even particularly think have a top squad now. Their best players are past their peak and their defence is old.

Their biggest chance of a major trophy was 2016-18

jamrock

Best display thus far, but ain't no team winning the World Cup with T.Silva as a starting CB overrated AF.

Best thing would be for him to pick up a small knock.

malvolio

You mean less boring surely

Yup. France was also on the ropes vs Australia. England looked shit in defense vs Iran. Spain winning a WC with Olmo and Torres as attackers?

Haven't seen Brazil, but all big favourites looked shit or wobbly at best. Sure, somebody has to win it in the end, but no one looked like a real force.

BBZ8800

Yup. France was also on the ropes vs Australia. England looked shit in defense vs Iran. Spain winning a WC with Olmo and Torres as attackers?

Haven't seen Brazil, but all big favourites looked shit or wobbly at best. Sure, somebody has to win it in the end, but no one looked like a real force.

I think that we are old and grumpy.

We keep child memories as overrated, better than they actually were.

I remember watching some older matches with Ronaldinho a few Months ago and thinking (today): wow, he was losing tons of balls. I don't remember him being so frustrating back then.

Imo, if we would watch R9 or Rivaldo again, full matches, 38 rounds, we would probably say: meh, they are like Neymar or something.

When we had 10 or 15, Maldini and everyone looked like cool, older guys.
Now with 40, Neymar or Vinicius look like frustrating clowns.
Olmo probably isn't much worse than young Lucho or guys whom we loved back then.

We are old and without "spark".
95% of things, movies, songs, videogames, football players suck in our eyes today, isn't it? ;)

malvolio

I think that we are old and grumpy.

We keep child memories as overrated, better than they actually were.

I remember watching some older matches with Ronaldinho a few Months ago and thinking (today): wow, he was losing tons of balls. I don't remember him being so frustrating back then.

Imo, if we would watch R9 or Rivaldo again, full matches, 38 rounds, we would probably say: meh, they are like Neymar or something.

When we had 10 or 15, Maldini and everyone looked like cool, older guys.
Now with 40, Neymar or Vinicius look like frustrating clowns.
Olmo probably isn't much worse than young Lucho or guys whom we loved back then.

We are old and without "spark".
95% of things, movies, songs, videogames, football players suck in our eyes today, isn't it? ;)

Maybe. But back in the day you had Brazil as clear favorite for the WC title, in 98 and 02, they were loaded with superstars and played good football. So I would say not all of it is nostalgia.

But football has really gone to shit from a technical perspective. Lots of so called footballers that belong on a building site.

Zidane82

Maybe. But back in the day you had Brazil as clear favorite for the WC title, in 98 and 02, they were loaded with superstars and played good football. So I would say not all of it is nostalgia.

But football has really gone to shit from a technical perspective. Lots of so called footballers that belong on a building site.

Agreed .. the winners could just be the fittest , strongest , most cynical who are well organised as the reffing is far too lenient.

Teams know they can get away with so much now that they are pushing the limits and if someone does actually get a yellow the manager just subs them off ( as there is 5 subs) - like todays game when the guy took Neymar out as he was running through onto goal

Look how many key players are already carrying injuries and we haven?t even seen all the games yet

Kane , Messi , Neymar and Mitrovic spring to mind ..

Last edited:

Birdy

The tactical aspect of the game has skyrocketed since then.

Watch these old games and you wanna kill yourself about the quality of the game the sides played overall, despite some brilliant individuals
As BBz said they were losing balls
They were not compact as much
they didn't know how to play high line
they relied on individual skills to create something against deep blocks instead of organized plans

Day and night really
Football changed a lot since 2008

malvolio

Agreed .. the winners could just be the fittest , strongest , most cynical who are well organised as the reffing is far too lenient.

Teams know they can get away with so much now that they are pushing the limits and if someone does actually get a yellow the manager just subs them off ( as there?s 5 subs) - like todays game when the guy took Neymar out as he was running through onto goal

Look how many key players are already carrying injuries and we haven?t even seen all the games yet

Kane , Messi , Neymar and Mitrovic spring to mind ..

Uruguay with 100M man Darwin Nunez on the field and can't put a shot on target.

TV commentators screaming their lungs off after any shot that goes 2 meters wide. Most of the people just discussing the score as if it means anything. Everybody knows England is shit, regardless of them putting 6 past Iran.

Home of Barca Fans