How to approach the rebuild

Richard.H

How do you think the story ends? Barca obviously thinks its revenue is about to fall sharply after Messi leaves (some figures have been leaked). If there's any truth to it, losing Messi and not replacing him with a proper poster boy might be the costliest solution.

It feels as though the club has been trying to find a poster boy since the Dembele signing. Then Coutinho, then Griezmann. Truth is no player can bring in the money that Messi and even Ronnie were able to. I don't even understand what the front office is trying to accomplish. It hasn't felt like they have sporting goals in mind (winning trophies) since 2014.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It feels as though the club has been trying to find a poster boy since the Dembele signing. Then Coutinho, then Griezmann. Truth is no player can bring in the money that Messi and even Ronnie were able to. I don't even understand what the front office is trying to accomplish. It hasn't felt like they have sporting goals in mind (winning trophies) since 2014.

Ansu was the new poster boy before his injury too.

Devils

Fixed. Griezmann has to go, this experiment with him must come to an end. he's not a striker, he's not a winger, he cant dribble past any marker, he isnt fast. he needs to go.

Can't get rid of both Griezmann and Messi. We'd be digging ourselves into a deeper hole.

Messi looks more likely to leave, if he doesn't, then yes, sell Griezmann

Windhook

Barcelona have a good squad, and surely they can find some more talent in the youth teams in the coming years.

Youngsters need good players training/playing alongside them. For instance I doubt Xavi or Iniesta would have become such legends if it wasn't for their teammates during the growth period. Ronaldinho took Messi under his wing in his early years, as told by Kobe Bryant. Current La Masia are left without such experience once veterans leave. Just wandering the desert, I'm sorry for being so pessimistic, but truth has to be said.

Joan

Sure, Barca's been trying to prepare for the loss of its biggest names for years. But all those projects failed sporting wise, due to poor planning and short-sightedness. It's not about bringing all the money Messi does, but at least a chunk of it. And staying competitive, of course.

It's nothing but an opinion, but I think that if Messi leaves, they'll go for a 'bigger' name and some other low risk high reward transfers (Garcia) like Pedri or Dest.

jairzinho

There's more or less three profile of players we could really use right now. A no nonsense defender and leader like Puyol. A midfield enforcer like Masch and a pure 9 like prime Suarez/Eto'o.

Bobo32

Youngsters need good players training/playing alongside them. For instance I doubt Xavi or Iniesta would have become such legends if it wasn't for their teammates during the growth period. Ronaldinho took Messi under his wing in his early years, as told by Kobe Bryant. Current La Masia are left without such experience once veterans leave. Just wandering the desert, I'm sorry for being so pessimistic, but truth has to be said.

If this forum gets as it wants yes - then Busquets, Pique, Alba should've left long ago, even for Ter Stegen and Messi the consensus here seems to be they should leave ASAP.
But most of these CL winners of the highest quality are still there
Puig, Pedri, Fati, Garcia - surely players that are hungry to win with Barcelona. Thiago, Grimaldo could return as well?
Playing the cards right at this time is crucial, but the hand is pretty good.

mc_lovin

The more I see of our younger players the more I think the rebuild will be pretty manageable. We have some glaring issues, but we dont need many players. I would be perfectly fine next season with:

Ansu - Messi - Dembele
Pedri - Frenkie - Ilaix
Dest - Araujo - Garcia - Emerson
Ter Stegen

+Neto // Alba, Pique, Lenglet, Minguenza // Busquets, Roberto, Puig // Depay, Braithwaite, Trincao (not necessarily with the above starting 11).

I would sign that right now if it means we could get rid of:
- Griezmann
- Coutinho
- Umtiti
- Pjanic

Depay would be nice, because we lack a right footed, left sided forward (for depth alone). Garcia and Emerson are cheap and add depth as well. After that its "just" about finding/buying 1-3 top class players if available and possible (replacing Braithwaite with a better striker, CB, DM). But the foundation looks good.

Sooke

....................................Ter-Stegen...........................................
Dest ............. E. Garcia .................. R.Araujo .................. J.Alba

......F de Jong .............. Leo Messi ................. Pedri ..............

Dembele ................... Andre Silva ................... M.Depay

gasgas

....................................Ter-Stegen...........................................
Dest ............. E. Garcia .................. R.Araujo .................. J.Alba

Bang average players all over the pitch

Messi983

Not today love

EfUJjUkXkAImXhd.jpg

SmilerBam

In a big game, with that midfield, we would concede more than the 8 goals Bayern did last year.

Andresito

Staff member

That front three could carry a team to a 4th spot in Bundesliga at best.

Home of Barca Fans