How to approach the rebuild

Rassvet

....................................Ter-Stegen...........................................
Dest ............. E. Garcia .................. R.Araujo .................. J.Alba

......F de Jong .............. Leo Messi ................. Pedri ..............

Dembele ................... Andre Silva ................... M.Depay

Messi at DM :facepalm:

snowy

Assuming we can't sign Haaland, I'd go with something like this:

....................................MaTs.....................................
............Garcia .........Mingueza..............Araujo ............
............................Jude/Frenkie..................................
......Saka/Sancho ............. ............. Pedri/Puig.............
..................................Messi......................................
Bouze/Trinc..............Iheanacho .............. Almada/Fati....

Good thing about this is can easily rest players by switching to 4 - 3 - 3 using Dest and Alba, 4-2-3-1 with Bellingham and Frenkie playing double-pivot or even 4-4-2 with Kelechi as main striker and Griezmann as SS or Messi playing off him

Xaviniesta

--Fati-----Haaland------Messi
---Pedri---De Jong----Moriba-
Alba----Sule---Araujo--Mingueza
------------Mats--------------

sign sule his contract expires next season

but we'll most likely sign aguero and garcia

Kul_z

--Fati-----Haaland------Messi
---Pedri---De Jong----Moriba-
Alba----Sule---Araujo--Mingueza
------------Mats--------------

sign sule his contract expires next season

but we'll most likely sign aguero and garcia

The fat sule who couldnt cope with intensity of psg-bayern match? What are you guys smoking

Sooke

This is what we can afford at this moment. Of course, if we can sell Griezmann, Coutinho, Pjanic and Umtiti, we may have a chance to bring in Haaland, but his salary ( beside the transfer fee ) will hurt our finances big time.

Bobo32

I see a lot of terrible elevens on this forum, I will post mine I played around with, from 19 aug 2020...
lineup(1).jpg

I guess Silva was a bit unrealistic, but Thiago and Garcia probably wasn't...
I'll add that I didn't know much about Garcia, added him based on what I heard about him mostly and not liking the alternatives available.

Pique, Busquets, Messi and Alba have a few years of top quality in them. These first years of the 20's will decide a lot for the club, if they can build on the little that is left from Pep and start a new era, or if they will go the way of trying to buy a new team the same way that f.e Manchester United did post Ferguson (Barcelona had some post-Pep years, but their post Messi+Busquets years will be a bigger test).

Messi983

"a lot of terrible elevens"

includes Pique, Busi, Puig and Suarez (also Alba as a LW) in his own lineup.

Agree to disagree here.

serghei

The rebuilding will have to be based on La Masia, a top top manager (pray Xavi is the one, because the big names who back it up on the field are all taken by other big clubs), and some very smart and effective signings on reasonable fees.

At the moment, we can't afford even a single mega transfer. Especially with Messi's salary staying in our books. If he goes, maybe.

What I don't like about the club, is that we don't really embrace this model. Buying the most popular and biggest players constantly is not the only way to be successful in football.

Surely Barca has to be more than just about the money we can spend at a given point.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans