We have sunk like the titanic

MTL_Barca

The worst part about this mess is that there were still ways to prevent it, even after they already failed countless times there were still opportunities to at least salvage the situation.

Somehow selling either Dembele or Coutinho and not buying Griezmann and the financial situation right now could already be way different...while it wouldn't have made the performance on the pitch any worse.

Less money wasted on fees, lower wage bill, no "book balancing" deals leaving us with old bums needed in that case. But no they had to double down and add a 3rd flop without even selling an expensive player first. It's truly infuriating what Bartomeu did to this club.

Last edited:

Messigician

On this day

🔙 | 2015

Bartomeu won the Bar?a presidential election with 25,823 votes, 54.63% of the votes cast.

Laporta was second with 15,615 votes, 33.03%

Benedito was third, with 3,386, 7.16%, and Toni Freixa, fourth with 1,750 votes, 3.70%.

jamrock

What a sad day, some on here fully supported bartomeu then, completely lacking vision & a basic understand of leadership.

Ruinnnnnned us

raskolnikov

What a sad day, some on here fully supported bartomeu then, completely lacking vision & a basic understand of leadership.

Ruinnnnnned us
Idiot socio's who were totally clueless and blinded by the treble.

Whats also terrible is how we los our values as a club.
Even today with the h&m and China stuff.
Its a real disgrace and becoming harder and harder to support this club.

At least when we cant pay the electric bill we can put cables on Cruyff's grave the way he is spinning in it.

soul24rage

Idiot socio's who were totally clueless and blinded by the treble.

Whats also terrible is how we los our values as a club.
Even today with the h&m and China stuff.
Its a real disgrace and becoming harder and harder to support this club.

At least when we cant pay the electric bill we can put cables on Cruyff's grave the way he is spinning in it.

Honestly, I do not blame them because I think a lot of people would have been blinded by the treble, including me.

However, what I do blame the socis for is not having the incentive to vote during the vote of no confidence back in the summer/fall of 2017.

Imagine if the club were able to remove Bartomeu in 2017 instead of 2020.

JohnN

Honestly, I do not blame them because I think a lot of people would have been blinded by the treble, including me.

However, what I do blame the socis for is not having the incentive to vote during the vote of no confidence back in the summer/fall of 2017.

Imagine if the club were able to remove Bartomeu in 2017 instead of 2020.

We would never have witnessed Kevin PRINCE Boateng..
We were blessed.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is easy to offer hindsight and blame people when you would have voted for him.

Back in 2015, well before the Neymar fiasco which triggered the financial downfall of the club, well before all the shenanigans such as Barcagate etc. came to light, of course people supported Bartomeu. Who should they have voted back then?

raskolnikov

It is easy to offer hindsight and blame people when you would have voted for him.

Back in 2015, well before the Neymar fiasco which triggered the financial downfall of the club, well before all the shenanigans such as Barcagate etc. came to light, of course people supported Bartomeu. Who should they have voted back then?
You can look it up. Plenty of people (also here) were anti barto back then since he was a clear Rosell puppet who got power in a house of cards type of way.
Just that Laporta half arsed it in his campaign back then.
Was way worse in 2017 of course but the socio's went for it anyway. Blinded by remontada and Messi holding up the shirt in Bernabeu.

These people are easily manipulated, misled and cant see the greater picture which leads to them facilitating the downfall.

fergus90

I personally never liked Barto or Rossel from day 1. Yes, I'm a big Laporta fan but it was evident they were out to discredit anything he managed to help achieve. Alienated Cruyff, pushed away Pep and played him off against Tito. The warning signs were there from early.

The irony is that the core of players from the Laporta era is what helped carry them through. Barca have had one good transfer window (2014) in about 9 years. Probably goes some way to explaining why they are far from Europe's best right now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You can look it up. Plenty of people (also here) were anti barto back then since he was a clear Rosell puppet who got power in a house of cards type of way.
Just that Laporta half arsed it in his campaign back then.
Was way worse in 2017 of course but the socio's went for it anyway. Blinded by remontada and Messi holding up the shirt in Bernabeu.

These people are easily manipulated, misled and cant see the greater picture which leads to them facilitating the downfall.

I understand that some people didn't like Bartomeu back then but the so-called "greater picture" wasn't as clear back then as it looks today. We won the treble, MSN looked invincible, and we were making a ton of money. How many "purists" were willing to give that all up? And yes, none of the alternatives, including Laporta, looked that appealing, nor did they offer anything that was substantial enough to seriously challenge Bartomeu.

My point again is, it is always easier for people to criticize what happened in the past, knowing what we have known now.

jamrock

With a bit off vision most people could see what was coming, the statement that bartomeu made that made me absolutely sure he wasn't the right man for the job, was when we had both iniesta & xavi and he said it's not easy getting players to come to us while we have those 2 players in midfield.

Which is just complete none sense, it should have been the easiest sell in the world to say to a up & coming midfielder, come to Barcelona play, learn from the best & in a few years the team will be yours.

You have teams like city, psg, Bayern to a lesser extent but still, amongst others just stacking their teams, but bartomeu could figure out a decent way to phase in a new generation of players because he was too busy sucking the life out of what we already had and giving them ridiculous contracts and when he did try to buy new players, well the less said about that the better.

Instead he tried to juice out every single last drop of juice our golden generation had, with zero thought for a proper succession plan. Epic failed of leadership.

MTL_Barca

It's really not hindsight bias when you criticize Bartomeu. Not sure how it was over here, but i remembere there were a lot of fans very unhappy with him at the time. And there were good reasons for it as well, but we still won titles so all his shady shit and questionable decisions didn't matter anymore.

It was more obvious once the Neymar exit set the transfer shitshow in motion but the writing was on the wall for a long time already with Bartomeu. True generally its always easier said looking back but that's not the case this time at all, Bartomeu was always a disaster...it jsut took some time to show on the pitch because the team was still great and they had some good transfers as well of course. Once they had to really re-build the team though the lack of vision became painfully obvious and it was no surprise they failed miserably.

Last edited:

Messigician

Some tragic stuff

🚨🚨[ @fansjavimiguel🥇] | Barcelona?s audit confirms the club?s suspicions: only 15% of the debt is the fault of Covid-19.

The sensation within the club right now is that the old board purposely mismanaged the club's money in order to make it harder for the new board to take them back to economic stability.

? @fansjavimiguel

The new board led by Laporta is surprised to find that most of the 'bonuses' put in the contracts of the players by the previous board are simply euphemisms for the term. They are so easy to obtain, that they are basically part of the initial fees.

? @fansjavimiguel

Stunning!

Home of Barca Fans