Oscar Mingueza

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
mini_1920x1080-Barca_B-OSCAR-MINGUEZA.jpg

Oscar Mingueza was born on May 13, 1999 in Santa Perp?tua de Mogoda, a municipality in the Vall?s Occidental region of Catalonia. The centre-back has played at every level for Barca, from U7 through to Barca B. His debut with the B team came on July 27, 2016, in a friendly match against Llagostera, however, it wasn't until the 2018/19 season that he became a full-time member of the squad.

Had a good game today. He is 21 years old. With our injuries, we might see him again soon.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

Was he starting next to Araujo last season during Barca B’s playoffs? Only matches I watched of them last season but he looked familiar?

Would be quite wild if he and Araujo end up starting together for the first team after both being B team players 4 months ago.

FinBarcelonafan

Was he starting next to Araujo last season during Barca B?s playoffs? Only matches I watched of them last season but he looked familiar?

Would be quite wild if he and Araujo end up starting together for the first team after both being B team players 4 months ago.

Araujo for sure but maybe Mingueza was a sub. Not sure. I remember seeing both in those playoff games.

Messi983

Didn't like him too much at first with Barca B but fair play to him, he has develop quite nicely and did well today.

Was he starting next to Araujo last season during Barca B?s playoffs? Only matches I watched of them last season but he looked familiar?

He has started the first playoff game when Araujo was with the first team and came off the bench in other two. Jorge Cuenca was a starter alongside Araujo.

BTW, he is also doing pretty well for Almeria on loan from Villarreal so far. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he'd play for Villarreal in La Liga next season. They don't really have much at CB besides Pau Torres (who could be sold in a year) and an aging Raul Albiol.

And AFAIK we have a buy-back option on Cuenca so he could be another cheap CB option for the future depending on how he'll develop.

a lot better than current Umtiti

Lol.

That's not too hard tbh. Almost everyone with two healthy knees would do better than Umtiti right now.

Last edited:

Jallo

Looked like prime Puyol, I wasn?t expecting anything from him. He has never the best CB in la Masia. I hope this was not a fluke

Andresito

Staff member
He did good but we should calm down. CB's can have these types of games against opposition like this. Remember both Marlon and Bagnack looked solid once upon a time.

I don't think Mingueza is a Liga quality player.

i_bleed_blaugrana

After his first game seeing him, this dude has A LOT of Puyi in him and I love it. Not saying he’ll reach those heights but I loved the no nonsense, tough-nosed defending I saw from him. He was constantly on his marker, very aggressive and alert to danger. Sniffed out a goal for Kiev with a world-class interception that was very Carles-like and that flick-on for Martin’s first was a joy to behold.

I like him so far, hope we get to see more of him. Him vs Araujo for Pique’s spot will be interesting.

Home of Barca Fans