Oscar Mingueza

serghei

It's not just hardwork though, it's the ability to withstand the mental pressure at playing at a huge club week in week out. We saw how pressure got to players like Gomes, Coutinho and etc. but for players like Mingueza, you cold see that he could hold on to mental pressure well and that is probably the key aspect of making it in this club imo.

Yea, and let's not forget that the guy is still talented, he's not some bum, he's got plenty of skills.

xXKonan

Lucho wanted to send Grimaldo on loan to Levante to see how he would fair but he didn't want to and eventually went to Benfica later that season.

Cucu only started to really thrive once he was moved forward at Getafe and Eibar as an LM/LW. Grimaldo I've seen a lot of mixed things about him from Benfica fans and there's probably a good reason why no other bigger fish are willing to spend the money on him.

Porque

Yeah but these players had some hype around them in the youth teams.
Mingueza is the first one since Busquets that I wasn't really aware existed when he started to play. Pedrito, too, was a player which I never considered Barcelona A material from the preseason tourneys. Most of the other players had some hype around them before they got to play in real games (well Pep used a lot of players, mostly wingers, that were never going to be regulars, too)
Must've been a lot of these players who could've played a role, maybe become regulars, or at least bring in some money from manifactured hype, if given the chance.

Ah, I thought it was just a case of those who didn't get a fair first team opportunity rather than those who come from nowhere so to speak. For the latter who don't have a top flight career after Barcelona it would be a case of them being good Barcelona system players.

I always liked Rodrigo Tarin for example and thought he should play more for the B. He has some Spain youth team caps so maybe he is not in the Mingueza category either. Injuries probably unravelled him but I thought there was a window for him to get some first team chances that passes. And then he reached the age where we try the next batch of players for the B team.

Bobo32

Ah, I thought it was just a case of those who didn't get a fair first team opportunity rather than those who come from nowhere so to speak. For the latter who don't have a top flight career after Barcelona it would be a case of them being good Barcelona system players.

I always liked Rodrigo Tarin for example and thought he should play more for the B. He has some Spain youth team caps so maybe he is not in the Mingueza category either. Injuries probably unravelled him but I thought there was a window for him to get some first team chances that passes. And then he reached the age where we try the next batch of players for the B team.

Don't know what Andresito meant, but there are definitely two categories, and I think the one with the Barcelona system players is more sad that they didn't use so much lately, as these players could become 3rd tier players in different systems.
Can't remember having heard about Rodrigo Tarin, a central defender I see...

Did you follow Busquets before Pep promoted him? If so, what was your opinion? I was completely unaware of him.

Porque

Don't know what Andresito meant, but there are definitely two categories, and I think the one with the Barcelona system players is more sad that they didn't use so much lately, as these players could become 3rd tier players in different systems.
Can't remember having heard about Rodrigo Tarin, a central defender I see...

Did you follow Busquets before Pep promoted him? If so, what was your opinion? I was completely unaware of him.

I didn't follow him, he did not feature much in the B team. First time I paid attention was the Spanish Youth Tournament Summer 08 (I believe) and he didn't stand out. But that's why Pep is the genius and best coach in the world.

Bobo32

I didn't follow him, he did not feature much in the B team. First time I paid attention was the Spanish Youth Tournament Summer 08 (I believe) and he didn't stand out. But that's why Pep is the genius and best coach in the world.
Oh wasn't aware he made youth caps before Barcelona A tbh.
Yeah, if Pep didn't play him, my opinion was always that he would struggle to become a professional. Almost a bit chilling as he became the GOAT dmc in my opinion.

Porque

The kids got balls of steel. Will be back next game. But still poor man management. If Mingueza drives up because he spots an opportunity then the wingback just covers his space for the counter.

serghei

The kids got balls of steel. Will be back next game. But still poor man management. If Mingueza drives up because he spots an opportunity then the wingback just covers his space for the counter.

Exactly. Any modern side has to have these mechanisms for when players feel they can contribute offensively. This is very Mourinho-esque. Wingback was Trincao though, man is a winger :lol: with 2/10 defensive skills.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Koeman caught in the heat of the moment and panicked because the score was 3-2. The play from Mingueza was great with a neat nutmeg and a forward pass to Messi. The thing with 3 at the back is that the lateral center backs can join the attacks. Koeman too proud to admit his mistake. Maybe Mingueza shouted something nasty back to him idk, he looked apologetic after being subbed off.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Apparently Koeman was not happy Oscar was pushing forward and staying out of position... Still, way to overreact from Koeman, he should have shaken his hand with more respect...

vuji_31

If he does not play next game, Koeman should be banned forever to come close to Camp Nou.

What about goal against RM? Why he then didn't sub him off?

He is defending goal against Getafe. Fuck yourself dutch idiot.

Home of Barca Fans