Oscar Mingueza

Richard.H

I don't understand why this forum and the general club sentiment isn't very high for him. He provides something that this squad currently lacks: Courage, confidence, pushing forward and trying risky passes when needing a goal. These all very high valuable skills for the current mentally shattered Barca. It's crazy to me how so many rate Emerson yet no love for Mingueza.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't understand why this forum and the general club sentiment isn't very high for him. He provides something that this squad currently lacks: Courage, confidence, pushing forward and trying risky passes when needing a goal. These all very high valuable skills for the current mentally shattered Barca. It's crazy to me how so many rate Emerson yet no love for Mingueza.

Too strong mentality to Barca dressing room.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Shouldn't be sold lmao. He's improved massively in just 6 months, still has much to offer and develop. Deserves at least one more season to prove himself

BBZ8800

I would sell everyone else before him, except Frenkie, Fati and Moriba.

Why would we sell him, keep Lenglet and buy Aguero, Pjanic, Garcia etc?

I remember watching young Puyol around 2000 playing as a RB.
He was atrocius, looked like the worst player on a pitch.
Puyol turned from horrible into one of the best defenders in the world.

So, expecting some reasonable 20-30% improvement out of Mingueza shouldn't be such a Sci-Fi.

Andresito

Staff member
Wouldn't sell unless we get 40m for him, which is unlikely.

Market value has sky rocketed in 8 months, from 200k to 10m, but still too low to consider selling him.

Provides something different compared to the rest.

FinBarcelonafan

I would sell everyone else before him, except Frenkie, Fati and Moriba.

Why would we sell him, keep Lenglet and buy Aguero, Pjanic, Garcia etc?

I remember watching young Puyol around 2000 playing as a RB.
He was atrocius, looked like the worst player on a pitch.
Puyol turned from horrible into one of the best defenders in the world.

So, expecting some reasonable 20-30% improvement out of Mingueza shouldn't be such a Sci-Fi.

Positive post from BBZ, what year we living in?

He is right though. He seems to have character which many of our players lack. I would keep him.

And he is the only CB we have with a bit of physical side to his game. (Maybe Araujo too!)

Andresito

Staff member
There are two kinds of players La Masia should produce: 1) the obvious world beaters 2) guys like Mingueza.

Important that whenever a guy like Mingueza is produced, the guy gets treated like category 2 and not 1. Looking at Roberto.

Home of Barca Fans