Oscar Mingueza

FinBarcelonafan

Was about to comment the same thing, I do see some Puyol in him... It's weird that some people think players just jump to the first team as super stars, even guys like Iniesta had rough beginnings, and to be fair, Mingueza (and Araujo for that matter) has had more positives than negatives...

True and what really shines through is his mentality. We don't have any other player like him. Warrior.

Every good team needs few warriors who will show the way.

clemente

Joan

That is some serious measurement error.

Here is some list I found, to compare. Nevermind these numbers often being very incorrect, if you take this list in reverse, you have a pretty decent list of who are the best football players in the list...

https://www.givemesport.com/1673403-real-madrid-v-barcelona-who-are-el-clasicos-fastest-players

It's a 10 games average so naturally lower than top speeds they're capable of. Even for Busquets.

Saw it on tv, could be false, of couse, but doubt it. Think it read 34,8 kh/h.

Sailor Mars

He fouls too much and a decent chunk of fouls are yellow card worthy fouls. Once he is on a yellow, it is going to be only a matter of time before he gets a second yellow.

Horatio

You're welcome
Honestly, I liked his performance against Real. Always thought of him as good enough against low and middle tier opponents and wouldn't collapse because of teammates. Still takes risks with the fouls which I have been hammering on ever since. Aside from that, didn't look the odd-one out, kept up with Vinicius(Minguezas pace surprised me) and had a cool finish to score a goal to boot.

Maybe as Messi893 put it: he showed great personality.

Same for Ilaix. It was their first clasico and they held their own.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Mingueza: "When things weren't going well at Bar?a B, I was recommended to go to a physical trainer and a sports psychologist. He helped me along the way."

?scar Mingueza: "Reaching the first team? I've been doing a lot of work. Changing my physical form, trying to gain volume, taking care of my diet, but sleep too. I've been stricter. I've also focused a lot on the tactical aspect, reviewing games, analyzing plays to improve." [md]

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Meanwhile Jordi Alba:" When things weren't going well at Barca, I was recommended to go to a physical trainer and sports psychologist. But I never considered that shit. Instead, in every game, I try to complain more than before until I get a yellow card."

Porque

Mingueza: "When things weren't going well at Bar?a B, I was recommended to go to a physical trainer and a sports psychologist. He helped me along the way."

?scar Mingueza: "Reaching the first team? I've been doing a lot of work. Changing my physical form, trying to gain volume, taking care of my diet, but sleep too. I've been stricter. I've also focused a lot on the tactical aspect, reviewing games, analyzing plays to improve." [md]

This shows right here why a random 4th/5th choice B team defender turned into a starter at a team like Barcelona. You get half a shot, put in 100%, add another 50% and then improve every facet of what it takes to be a top level athlete.

Imagine if other players with more natural ability like Riqui Rondo, Trincao, Lenglet done the same. Not going to mention Alba, Busquets, Messi, Pique as they are at the tail-end and have passed their peak by a long way.

Home of Barca Fans