Oscar Mingueza

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't know, up till this morning I had same though, but he came big tonight and he is giving me doubts. He could turn to be our Pedro of defense, a guy coming out of nowhere and continue to prove doubters wrong as time goes.

Maybe, but I doubt it. He had a good second half, but the first half showed why he'll have issues at this level as a starter vs. top teams.

He has no sense of positioning whatsoever and is way too aggressive for his own sake leading to him getting beat 1v1 almost every duel. We'll see what happens, but I think we'll be looking to add a World Class CB in 2022.

Bobo32

Almost 35 km/h top speed, that's some serious pace.
That is some serious measurement error.

Here is some list I found, to compare. Nevermind these numbers often being very incorrect, if you take this list in reverse, you have a pretty decent list of who are the best football players in the list...
20. Sergio Busquets (26.5km/h)
19. Toni Kroos (26.9km/h)
18. Casemiro (27.1km/h)
17. Lionel Messi (27.4km/h)
16. Pedri (27.7km/h)
15. Luka Modric (27.8km/h)
14 Antoine Griezmann (28km/h)
13. Frenkie de Jong (28.1km/h)
12. Nacho (28.5km/h)
11. Clement Lenglet (28.7km/h)
10. Karim Benzema (29km/h)
9. Lucas Vazquez (29.3km/h)
8. ?scar Mingueza (29.6km/h)
7. Marco Asensio (29.7km/h)
6. Jordi Alba (30km/h)
=3. Ferland Mendy (30.2km/h)
=3. Ousmane Dembele (30.2km/h)
=3. Sergi?o Dest (30.2km/h)
2. Eder Militao (30.4km/h)
1. Vinicius Junior (30.6km/h)
https://www.givemesport.com/1673403-real-madrid-v-barcelona-who-are-el-clasicos-fastest-players

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Something I remembered. There was a guy in late 90s that look clumsy, had blunders played CB, forced to RB for a while. He had the balls though and loved the club and soon was made captain.

Anyone else sees Puyol in Mingueza?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Something I remembered. There was a guy in late 90s that look clumsy, had blunders played CB, forced to RB for a while. He had the balls though and loved the club and soon was made captain.

Was about to comment the same thing, I do see some Puyol in him... It's weird that some people think players just jump to the first team as super stars, even guys like Iniesta had rough beginnings, and to be fair, Mingueza (and Araujo for that matter) has had more positives than negatives...

Xaviniesta

yes 100% reminds me of puyol way more than ramos

Home of Barca Fans