Oscar Mingueza

JamDav1982

He cant play at CB like he did v Sevill and get away with it long term. Tries to win anything that moves and will get nailed for that playing in a back two. Came of for him vast majority of time last night that and good game.

gregorrin10

He can still become a great squad player for us, especially with that 'no muss no fuss' hard attitude and way of playing. Reminds me of Puyol in that regard. 4th CB option, (maybe even 3rd) should be more than achievable for him.

Joan

Looking at the first yellow, imo he had to make a foul there, and it's ok he did. But rewatching the penalty incident, while he was in a tough spot he had better options there. He was rash with that tackle and the pen was stonewall imo.

I think the right coach could get a good player out of him. Correcting my previous opinion on him. Koeman's on the right path, he's progressing. Some things should be polished with experience, but should focus on his recklessness.

serghei

I think the right coach could get a good player out of him. Correcting my previous opinion on him. Koeman's on the right path, he's progressing. Some things should be polished with experience, but should focus on his recklessness.

Too bad Mascherano is not around, he struggled with the same issues that Mingueza has. Could've helped him a lot.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Oscar's style of play reminds me more of a classic destroyer with very good ball playing skills, like serghei mentioned in Masche, than he does as a ball playing CB

Porque

Ari Mingueza, 17, Oscar's sister just got called up for the female first team

w47gsfy.png

:cool:

EBaPWeY.png

:(

Bobo32

What are you on about again? The yellow was a great tactical foul. Sees that Ocampos knocked the ball past him, makes the right foul and takes one for the team instead of conceding a dangerous counter. The penalty foul was clumsy, yes.

It was terrible to get himself into that situation by rushing into the press.
Obviously he couldn't just let Ocampos run on afterwards, he had to take the yellow. If he does that more than once per game however, he doesn't get to play so much, no matter how "great" it was.

JamDav1982

Agree with Bobo on this one. That yellow was poor defending. Caught square and easily beaten as drawn to the ball.

The yellow is correct decision after that but it was poor defending there that forced him into that choice but have to weight it up against how many times he did that in Sevilla game and won ball early as well.

feggydinho

We probably dont need Eric Garcia with the way Mingueza and Araujo are playing (Garcia is slower and not that physical), I hope Garcia doesnt end up as an irrelevant addition

JamDav1982

Mingueza was not impressive this match at all.

He is far too rash and constantly dives in and gets dragged out of position.

feggydinho

Mingueza was not impressive this match at all.

He is far too rash and constantly dives in and gets dragged out of position.

I get your point, but he actually made about 11 ball recoveries against Osasuna (the most by any Barca defender yesterday ). He needs to reduce his rashness though

Home of Barca Fans