Oscar Mingueza

Andresito

Staff member
Good loan move tbf.

Nah, not at all regarding the 1st.

Christensen below par, not the level we need, he is behind all of Silva, Rudiger, Chebolah, at Chelsea.

Besides, we have Eric Garcia who can do everything that Christensen can. Bad move if we make it.

We need a proper WC CB next to Araujo next season to replace Pique.
De Ligt or Kounde it's for me

Who's Chebolah

gregorrin10

Nah, not at all regarding the 1st.

Christensen below par, not the level we need, he is behind all of Silva, Rudiger, Chebolah, at Chelsea.

Besides, we have Eric Garcia who can do everything that Christensen can. Bad move if we make it.

We need a proper WC CB next to Araujo next season to replace Pique.
De Ligt or Kounde it's for me

Not even close. Christensen is an established first team and national team player, with regular playing time in his career on both fronts, while Garcia, although talented, has very little to show in terms of first team football so far in his career. Not to mention Christensen is pretty much just as good as a ball playing defender, while he's much better in the air.

Valencia is a very decent loan move for him to be honest.

Straight swap deal with Gaya in the summer then? :p

Messi983

I wouldn't mind selling Oscar in summer but loaning him now makes little sense to me. Yeah, he's not great but Xavi doesn't count on Dest either. Is the plan to just play Alves in every game and when unavailable put Araujo at RB just so we can keep Pique (and with Garcia out for weeks probably also Lenglet) in the lineup?

MTL_Barca

If Xavi is okay with loaning him then i guess he wouldn't get a lot of minutes anyway so might be the best.

Not sure about Valencia, could be great for him if they buy him in the summer but also might just end up riding the bench full time what would suck for him and Barca.

Messi983

He fits a profile Bordalas likes so think he would play quite a lot there and could improve his value before summer to sell him to another club if Valencia won't have a buy option.

But at the same time could also be Alemany doing a favor to Valencia to ease negotiations for Gaya.

khaled_a_d

I wouldn't mind selling Oscar in summer but loaning him now makes little sense to me. Yeah, he's not great but Xavi doesn't count on Dest either. Is the plan to just play Alves in every game and when unavailable put Araujo at RB just so we can keep Pique (and with Garcia out for weeks probably also Lenglet) in the lineup?

Well, removing oiption Mingueza from Xavi is worth it tbh

JamDav1982

Will end up leaving for next to nothing.

Should have struck while iron was hot last summer and it was clear his level was not there and being badly exposed by end of season.

Doubt he will do much at Valencia but good luck to him.

Have to loan him to try and retain any value as will get very little time for Barca.

Messi983

Well, removing oiption Mingueza from Xavi is worth it tbh

Maybe.

But if Alves is unavailable I'd still prefer a Mingueza-Pique-Araujo-Alba backline over Araujo-Pique-Lenglet-Alba. Of course also depends on the opponent but I think Araujo's athleticism is desperately needed at CB and he's somewhat wasted as a FB although he's done well playing both at RB and LB (very limited sample size though).

Xavi doesn't need to play Oscar if he doesn't trust him but it's dangerous going through 6 months with Alves and Alba as our basically only full backs as neither Dest nor Balde seems to be in Xavi's plans. Unless they'll bring someone who can cover both positions in next 10 days but I doubt. I still think Xavi's priority is Morata and he's willing to give up depth in other positions to get him. Not sure if that's really what we should be doing tbh. Now if we could sell Dest for around 30m I would totally understand that move but loaning Mingueza is another thing imo.

Should also keep in mind that for EL we can only register three new players with two of those spots already reserved for Alves and Ferran. At least one of Jutgla and Abde will already stay out (don't think they can be registered for a "B team" list either as they're both only at the club for 6 months and IIRC players should be at the club for at least 2 seasons during their age 15-21 to be eligible for that list). Not that I expect us to go far in Europe and our focus should be on the league but just another thing to consider when doing January transfers.

Also, one reason why I think they want to send Oscar on loan is to free some wages so we can register Nico as a first team player (and then potentially also for Gavi's and Araujo's renewals; although I'd expect a full effect of those - wage increases - would only be starting from next season). Don't know if it's possible doing that without another player leaving and our options are limited. After his injury Umtiti will 100% stay, LDJ also looks more likely to stay than go at this point and I'm sure Dembele will also stay although the club will try to sell him. We'll see what will happen with Dest but reports are he doesn't want to leave either. So Oscar might be the only expendable first team player to lower our cap.

khaled_a_d

Maybe.

But if Alves is unavailable I'd still prefer a Mingueza-Pique-Araujo-Alba backline over Araujo-Pique-Lenglet-Alba. Of course also depends on the opponent but I think Araujo's athleticism is desperately needed at CB and he's somewhat wasted as a FB although he's done well playing both at RB and LB (very limited sample size though).

Xavi doesn't need to play Oscar if he doesn't trust him but it's dangerous going through 6 months with Alves and Alba as our basically only full backs as neither Dest nor Balde seems to be in Xavi's plans. Unless they'll bring someone who can cover both positions in next 10 days but I doubt. I still think Xavi's priority is Morata and he's willing to give up depth in other positions to get him. Not sure if that's really what we should be doing tbh. Now if we could sell Dest for around 30m I would totally understand that move but loaning Mingueza is another thing imo.

If Xavi doesn't count on Dest, it is on him tbh.
There is nothing that the club can do in January about it, except to tell him to play him to at least maintain some value
Oscar is a lost cause tbh, kid is showing his true level this year and him leaving is good for all parties involved

Birdy

Good loan move tbf.

Who's Chebolah

Mispelled his name slightly.
This dude:
OIP.AW0uo1PGosLu9Q5FDT0HnwHaEc

Starts ahead of Christensen these days next to Thiago Silva and Rudiger.
Bad move it would be.
He will not upgrade us

Home of Barca Fans