Oscar Mingueza

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Poor Dest seems to be your main enemy these days.

But that spot does seem cursed for Barca.

There are a few in this squad , but I can't deny he is one of them. :lol:

I mean it was known at Ajax that the guy was defensively suspect , but he showed at times promise attacking wise. Unfortunately he is showing none of that.

BBZ8800

How is Mingueza more sterile than Dest ?

All Dest does upfront is run into players.

I see Mingueza as a RB type similar to Oleguer, Puyol, Abidal attacking wise.
So, a CB converted to a RB.
He can make some passes, but in general he is lacking RB movement, flare, danger, natural magic.

While Dest can provide more attacks, dribbles, runs.
Even though for now, nothing is happening after his actions.

I will make an analogy: Mingueza is like Rakitic or Motta out of CMs in terms of attacking magic.
Dest is closer to Rafinha or Alena.

Andresito

Staff member
I see Mingueza as a RB type similar to Oleguer, Puyol, Abidal attacking wise.
So, a CB converted to a RB.
He can make some passes, but in general he is lacking RB movement, flare, danger, natural magic.

While Dest can provide more attacks, dribbles, runs.
Even though for now, nothing is happening after his actions.

I will make an analogy: Mingueza is like Rakitic or Motta out of CMs in terms of attacking magic.
Dest is closer to Rafinha or Alena.

In terms of style, you're correct about Mingueza and Dest. But in terms of efficiency Mingueza generally was better in attack last season than Dest.

Despite Dest having a great technique, it's rarely used to create any chances. It can help him get out of tight situations, but he can't really make use of it close to goal.
Mingueza meanwhile is much more direct, making runs in behind and usually finding his target with a cross.

Dest's style gives him the potential to be extremely threatening, but at the moment he's not. He's a bit like a younger Vinicius.

Messi983

There are a few in this squad , but I can't deny he is one of them. :lol:

I mean it was known at Ajax that the guy was defensively suspect , but he showed at times promise attacking wise. Unfortunately he is showing none of that.

I think we have a common problem with our RBs since Alves. First, he has just set the bar so high that everyone after him will be considered a downgrade which is understandable but at the same time also a bit unfair to his successors.

Second, while none of Roberto, Semedo, Dest or Mingueza (too early to give a fair evaluation of Emerson after two cameo appearances) can create attacks on their own like Alves did I think it's also (mostly) a system problem. After Alves left Messi has moved centrally more and more and he was still our on paper RW in most games so RBs were often isolated to do things on their own (which they can't do well enough) and when they've had a "true" winger to play with ahead of them it was usually a low IQ Dembele so no real help for them.

Now Messi is gone but we still don't have a RW. I wonder once Ansu is back if we could maybe try Memphis there. Not really his best position but he's versatile. Of course then there is another problem who should play upfront if we'd use Ansu and Memphis as wingers on opposite sites.

Anyway, Semedo is gone so not our problem anymore, Roberto should mostly be used as a sub in midfield (where I think he could still be useful) and only an emergency RB and Oscar should be mostly used as a CB imo so it's down to Dest and Emerson. I know people will be harsh on both if they won't perform but I'd really prefer to wait and see how they would do if they'd have a capable winger ahead of them. We'll probably have to wait at least until next year for that to happen though.

behindbrowneyes

I feel like playing RCB in that 3 at the back 3-x-x system has been his best position, although I gotta admit that he really impressed me in some games he played RB. Haven't made my mind up yet about him as CB in a 4-3-3 though.

Athletically he is the 2nd best CB in the team. I like his mentality and aggressiviness, which sometimes is too much though.

serghei

Borussia Dortmund wanted Mingueza on loan with an option to buy but Koeman refused. [cat radio]

Doubt Laporta would get rid of talented young players on low wages, especially on loans + buy options. It's the opposite of what we should do.

raedkuwait

I like this guy, he is fast and his crosses are good him and Araujo should start in every game.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is unironically a more dynamic RB than Dest (and obviously Roberto). He knows how to attack the space, when and how to cross. Dest looked better at LB today.

Home of Barca Fans