European Super League

Windhook

The fact we have no official statement on this, 24h after the majority of clubs left the project, is worrying. I hope it's just inside socios clash on the idea. Otherwise it would mean the modern Robin Hood in this forum, Florentino Perez, really screwed us with cosmic clauses.

FCBfan22

I can understand Ceferin singling out Agnelli now.

That is an absurd amount of sleaziness. The Juventus way.

Actually explained why he called him a snake:

Why did you use words that can't be taken back?
"It's horrific to me that while you you are filthy rich, profit means so much to you that you think that every single life value means nothing to you. You can tell lies. You can do this behind the backs of players and coaches. Simply take them into a new league. Zvonimir Boban told to me... "I signed with AC Milan, because I wanted to win the CL. I wouldn't have signed back then to play in some phantom league, that would only satisfy a circle of rich people". It's horrible that greed can be so powerful, that you don't care a single bit for fans, European tradition, sport that we love and in the end for personal friendships."

Perez is saying that you insulted Agnelli and that Uefa needs to change?
"Perez is a president of a league, that doesn't exist first of all. President of nothing at this point."

Messigician

Just as my sources reported

🚨| Florentino Perez: ?Nobody has yet paid the penalisation fee for leaving the Super League. We are almost all still in this, they have not officially left yet...?. (via: @FabrizioRomano )

Perez: ?If Barca will save on the penalty fee if the socios say no to a Super League? I know the Barca socios well, you think they would say no? Please...? (@samuelmarsden)

Messigician

🎙 [24ur] | Aleksander Čeferin, UEFA President: "To some extent I was disappointed by everyone, but I must say that maybe Barcelona is the least of me. Laporta was elected a very short time ago and I spoke to him two or three times."

Čeferin: "He was under considerable pressure due to the financial situation, and he inherited it - it was not his fault that the situation was like that, he was under pressure, but at the same time, as a cunning negotiator, he secured an exit strategy."

Total-Football

Just as my sources reported

��| Florentino Perez: ?Nobody has yet paid the penalisation fee for leaving the Super League. We are almost all still in this, they have not officially left yet...?. (via: @FabrizioRomano )

Perez: ?If Barca will save on the penalty fee if the socios say no to a Super League? I know the Barca socios well, you think they would say no? Please...? (@samuelmarsden)

Perez was an inch away from the ****a please

Laplacian

Actually explained why he called him a snake:

Why did you use words that can't be taken back?
"It's horrific to me that while you you are filthy rich, profit means so much to you that you think that every single life value means nothing to you. You can tell lies. You can do this behind the backs of players and coaches. Simply take them into a new league. Zvonimir Boban told to me... "I signed with AC Milan, because I wanted to win the CL. I wouldn't have signed back then to play in some phantom league, that would only satisfy a circle of rich people". It's horrible that greed can be so powerful, that you don't care a single bit for fans, European tradition, sport that we love and in the end for personal friendships."

Perez is saying that you insulted Agnelli and that Uefa needs to change?
"Perez is a president of a league, that doesn't exist first of all. President of nothing at this point."

Beautiful point about Agnelli. His family is basically the unofficial royalty of italy, one of the richest in Europe, he was born to extreme wealth and power, and still sacrifices his own dignity to consistently stab the back of coworkers, partners, and the entire European tradition of football. Like being wealthy as fuck isn't enough, he still needs more. Being one of the leaders in UEFA wasn't enough, he still needed his own exclusive league.

Greedy to the point of being pathological.

cro-man

Nasser Al-Khelaifi, the PSG owner, has been replaced Agnelli as chairman of the ECA in UEFA.

Not sure if this is true but this shows what uefa is all about.

Barcilliant

The leagues are sacred. What we can change is the midweek games. The Champions League is obsolete. It's only interesting from the quarter-finals."

Have to agree with Perez on this.
The fucking epl clubs lol cowards. First sign of pressure and they buckled.
Perez strategy is to play hardball and bring Uefa to the table. Among the big clubs Barca and Madrid have suffered the most from the pandemic.

BBZ8800

Lol at the person who thinks making the league more competitive overall, won't attract more investment over time 🤣🤣🤣

Shitty logic indeed

The EPL has not gotten where it is now because over time it helped to develop smaller teams to the point where now it's seen whether factually correct or not as a more competitive league than la Liga, "cold night in stoke" and all that mess.

If the teams in la Liga are given more resources so they can better compete with barca & Madrid, then they league will be seen as more competitive, add some good marketing to that mix, it's very simple logic that it will then be seen as a better place to invest than it is now.

England is richer than Spain.
And more interesting to sponsors.

With your logic, all you need is a few competitive clubs and sponsors will come.

It is way more complicated than that.
Sponsors come to places where there is room for making a lot of money.

Northern Europe, where the richest viewers are, watch mainly EPL.
Outside Europe, in rich USA and Asia, EPL is imo also the most popular, plus Barca+Real.

Barca is popular in Spain and in not so rich South American countries.

Can you earn more money from 10 million viewers in England, Sweden and Usa or from 10 million viewers in Spain, Brasil and Argentina?

Also, a lot of appeal for La Liga came from Messi and Cr7.
After them, even less money will be invested.

Messi983

UEFA's new slogan should be:

Kick politics out of football (unless they're on our side)

I don't agree with how Perez&Co. reacted (and how unprepared they seemed to be for a project they've apparently worked on for years) but UEFA+governments are a bigger evil imo.

malvolio

England is richer than Spain.
And more interesting to sponsors.

With your logic, all you need is a few competitive clubs and sponsors will come.

It is way more complicated than that.
Sponsors come to places where there is room for making a lot of money.

Northern Europe, where the richest viewers are, watch mainly EPL.
Outside Europe, in rich USA and Asia, EPL is imo also the most popular, plus Barca+Real.

Barca is popular in Spain and in not so rich South American countries.

Can you earn more money from 10 million viewers in England, Sweden and Usa or from 10 million viewers in Spain, Brasil and Argentina?

Also, a lot of appeal for La Liga came from Messi and Cr7.
After them, even less money will be invested.

also, london being the biggest financial hub on the continent attracts billionaires from all over the world. most russian oligarchs have residence there.

just look at who owns the biggest clubs in england. oligarchs, sheiks, american businessman, even asian billionaires. but their fans cry about the 'death of football' :lol:

the EPL and even championship or lower leagues are likes the crypto market right now. everyone wants a piece of the pie.

https://talksport.com/football/6950...ovich-arsenal-kroenke-net-worth-billionaires/

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans