European Super League

soul24rage

So when is our assembly to ask the socis to vote on this?

According to the reliable Hagrid, some time in May

"There?s no fixed date yet, but many people have told me [and from some articles too] that it would be in May, during the Assembly of Delegates. Barcelona?s stance (for now) still remains that they will consult socios first, NO unilateral decision is expected atm."

https://twitter.com/HagridFCB/status/1384983473329422339

Newcomer

I don't understand why he is taking shot at his (former) accomplices. Wouldn't give me any incentive to join his future project.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What's the point now that the project is dead?

Just wondering why there is no announcement yet. Or are we saying, even though we are a founding member, scratch that, we are not because it is not happening at all?

Just wanting to see the message the club sends out.

Newcomer

We need Super League because of Covid

We have been planning Super League since 3 years

Is the guy mentally retarded?

I'm really disappointed by his speech. He is a very powerful, successful and competent man but he is displaying an amateurish level when selling his project. He did more harm than good.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
According to the reliable Hagrid, some time in May

"There?s no fixed date yet, but many people have told me [and from some articles too] that it would be in May, during the Assembly of Delegates. Barcelona?s stance (for now) still remains that they will consult socios first, NO unilateral decision is expected atm."

https://twitter.com/HagridFCB/status/1384983473329422339

Thanks. I guess this is no announcement or exit statement until then, then.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Just wondering why there is no announcement yet. Or are we saying, even though we are a founding member, scratch that, we are not because it is not happening at all?

Just wanting to see the message the club sends out.

Was scheduled for mid-late May prior to this project falling apart and being suspended. See no point bringing it up for the socis unless it becomes relevant again.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Show us the receipts from the other 10 clubs of their penalty fees please, Florentino Perez.

Ain’t paying nothing before you do.

FCBfan22

Ok... Timeline according to Čeferin.

Before last week: Čeferin heard rumours that something is happening, but naively didn't believe it.

Thursday:
Ed Woodward calls Čeferin and praises CL reforms.

Friday:
Meeting led by Agnelli. Every club representative votes for the proposed CL reforms. Same people who already signed for ESL voted for CL changes. The plot thickens after that.

Saturday:
Somebody calls Čeferin in the morning that ESL will be announced on Sunday evening. After that 5 clubs (presumably Barca too) of 12 call Čeferin and apologise in the style "we had to, because otherwise we will be left out". AFter that he tried to get Agnelli and after a while he got him on the phone. Agnelli assured him that it's all a stupid theory and nothing is true. All a lie. Then Čeferin said that they should put out a statement together. A press release. Čeferin made the press release and sent it to Agnelli. Agnelli apparently didn't like it and wanted to change it a bit. After that, he wasn't heard from again. He turned off his phone.

Joan

Was asked about Real socios having a say in it and said "should I ask them who I sign too?"

But when asked about Barca socios: "I know Barca socios very well and they wouldn't vote against the ESL" seems this confirms we've got that clause. Well done Barca

KingLeo10

Ok... Timeline according to Čeferin.

Before last week: Čeferin heard rumours that something is happening, but naively didn't believe it.

Thursday:
Ed Woodward calls Čeferin and praises CL reforms.

Friday:
Meeting led by Agnelli. Every club representative votes for the proposed CL reforms. Same people who already signed for ESL voted for CL changes. The plot thickens after that.

Saturday:
Somebody calls Čeferin in the morning that ESL will be announced on Sunday evening. After that 5 clubs (presumably Barca too) of 12 call Čeferin and apologise in the style "we had to, because otherwise we will be left out". AFter that he tried to get Agnelli and after a while he got him on the phone. Agnelli assured him that it's all a stupid theory and nothing is true. All a lie. Then Čeferin said that they should put out a statement together. A press release. Čeferin made the press release and sent it to Agnelli. Agnelli apparently didn't like it and wanted to change it a bit. After that, he wasn't heard from again. He turned off his phone.

I can understand Ceferin singling out Agnelli now.

That is an absurd amount of sleaziness. The Juventus way.

Home of Barca Fans