European Super League

Andresito

Staff member
Fair point about Arsenal they do have a huge fanbase , but as I said give a club like Roma (quite a big fanbase) , Aston Villa , Lyon etc the founder spot and they will have a massive wordwide fanbase in a matter of years.

What the fuck is Spurs doing there though ? If I'm not mistaken the likes of Marseille , Schalke and Rangers have a bigger fanbase than Spurs. You can argue that Rangers and especially Schalke shouldn't be in there , but why not Marseille ?

I'm not too opposed to this format , but I just can't agree with this founder spots bullshit.

Spurs are huge in Asia and USA. Marseille ain't got nothing on them when it comes to worldwide fanbase.

Yannik

There is no reason for leagues to become less relevant than are now.. if have chance to win it.

No chance play their B teams in domestic leagues.

Lack of TV and sponsor revenue, plus 56-61 games in just 2 competitions yearly.
Top teams just playing for bragging rights against other teams that go mostly bankrupt until they stop caring.

fergus90

Spurs are huge in Asia and USA. Marseille ain't got nothing on them when it comes to worldwide fanbase.

Spurs are also huge at bottling any chance of winning anything meaningful, haven't won the league for 60 years. Never won a European Cup, got to the final once but fluked it there.

Other than having a big stadium and loads of people supporting them thousand of miles away, what sporting merit and history do they have to be given a spot every year?

JamDav1982

Less TV money, plus 56-61 games in just 2 competitions yearly.

TV money is not the driving factor that overrides desire to win domestic league and they all know only one team can win in Europe and trophies count.

Teams in leagues that have less TV money than EPL are giving less effort to win it and within that if money is factor will most likely still get more for winning league and positions.

Winning domestic leagues will remain high on agenda and no reason this would make a difference.

FC433

Please remember that every single side is looking for their interest not your interest. Nothing about you as a supporter, it is just a war between rich individuals trying to get as much $$$$$ as they could.

It is not about football, it is about $$$$$ it is funny seeing corrupted individuals (within FIFA and UEFA) breakdown and act as if they ever cared about the game. Stay clam and have fun watching them attack each other.

Will keep supporting :barcascarf:either way.

Andresito

Staff member
Ceferin (UEFA President): "All players that play in the Super League will be banned from playing in the Euros and the World Cup."

Good.

Hopefully, International football dies too.

lol. I'd like to see the top NT teams lineups without players from the 20 participating clubs.

Spain would be without 13 of 24 players from last callup.
France without 19 of 25 (including Bayern and PSG)
England 13/25
Brazil 12/25 (In a squad without Casemiro, Neymar, Coutinho, Fabinho. So probably more likely 16/25

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Lets just agree to disagree then.

lol. I'd like to see the top NT teams lineups without players from the 20 participating clubs.

Spain would be without 13 of 24 players from last callup.
France without 19 of 25 (including Bayern and PSG)
England 13/25
Brazil 12/25 (In a squad without Casemiro, Neymar, Coutinho, Fabinho. So probably more likely 16/25

At least Gibraltar vs Spain and France vs Luxembourg will be a close tie. :lol: :lol:

Andresito

Staff member
Spurs are also huge at bottling any chance of winning anything meaningful, haven't won the league for 60 years. Never won a European Cup, got to the final once but fluked it there.

Other than having a big stadium and loads of people supporting them thousand of miles away, what sporting merit and history do they have to be given a spot every year?

Sporting merit and history is irrelevant when creating a Super League. Spurs have the potential to bring in most interest and money compared to teams left out. It's very logical to include them in what aims to be the most lucrative tournament in the world.

Yannik

Based on what will these club play their B in domestic leagues ?? You think players will be fine with playing 18-23 games a season or what ?

No, which is why they will expand it after 2 years and make it a full year thing. You have to be truely naive to think that the Super League founders are trying to keep an UEFA tournament relevant just because they are such nice people. :lol:

I mean even if that's true , in your case Bayern will still win the league :coffee:

And based on that I can pay 12EUR for a ticket and watch life football, while you travel to Abu Dhabi, pay 170 quid for the worst seat and watch ad breaks before every throw in.
Cut out the plastic additude and it sucks, simple as that.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
No, which is why they will expand it after 2 years and make it a full year thing. You have to be truely naive to think that the Super League founders are trying to keep an UEFA tournament relevant just because they are such nice people. :lol:

How are they trying to keep an UEFA tournament alive when the ESL is actively trying to replace the CL ??

And based on that I can pay 12EUR for a ticket and watch life football, while you travel to Abu Dhabi, pay 170 quid for the worst seat and watch ad breaks before every throw in.
Cut out the plastic additude and it sucks, simple as that.

How much do you pay when you watch Bayern at their annual training camp in Qatar ? :thinking:

Btw Im sure most stadium are fine since it's mostly the European construction companies that are profiting from the slavery work there.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans