European Super League

Yannik

CEO of Sassuolo comments on the Superleague: “This will kill Serie A, they are making fun of us”

Imagine saying this shit unironically. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If anything the Superleague will make the Seria A competitive again with the Milan clubs having the financial means to compete again and not allowing Juve to walk the league 9 years in a row.

Juve is currently loosing the league and the Milan clubs are already rich.
This WILL make a mockery out of Serie A because in the future Sassuolo will only play the youth teams of Juve, Inter and Milan as those clubs will not give a shit about Italy once theres a bigger league. Sassuolo at that point could even win the Serie A and people would just rate that a tinpot win and they cant even claim to be the best team in Italy.

Also I wonder how many Serie A teams are already fundamentally indebted and would get absolutely recked once broadcasters nope out of buying Serie A rights for much money.

Last edited:

malvolio

Fair point about Arsenal they do have a huge fanbase , but as I said give a club like Roma (quite a big fanbase) , Aston Villa , Lyon etc the founder spot and they will have a massive wordwide fanbase in a matter of years.

What the fuck is Spurs doing there though ? If I'm not mistaken the likes of Marseille , Schalke and Rangers have a bigger fanbase than Spurs. You can argue that Rangers and especially Schalke shouldn't be in there , but why not Marseille ?

I'm not too opposed to this format , but I just can't agree with this founder spots bullshit.

historically speaking, marseille is bigger than both arsenal and tottenham. they also have a great stadium and fanatic fanbase. pump them full of cash and they would murder the likes of arsenal/tottenham.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Juve is currently loosing the league and the Milan clubs are already rich.
This WILL make a mockery out of Serie A because in the future Sassuolo will only play the youth teams of Juve, Inter and Milan as those clubs will not give a shit about Italy once theres a bigger league. Sassuolo at that point could even win the Serie A and people would just rate that a tinpot win and they cant even claim to be the best team in Italy.

Also I wonder how many Serie A teams are already fundamentally indebted and would get absolutely recked once broadcasters nope out of buying Serie A rights for much money.

Im assuming that the ESL will replace only the CL and that's it.Which is what currently is getting reported.

Imagine not realising what that whole thing will mean in terms of TV revenues for the smaller team.

It might not "kill" the interest of Serie A, but it might kill quite a few teams who didn't plan on suddenly losing most of their revenues AND having to deal with star players wanting out.

What star players are we talking about in the Seria A ? Serie A is currently at it's worst with barely any talent out there and even if there are the only difference is that big talent will get picked off by the Milan clubs and Juve (which is what's happening anyway these days) and not the EPL clubs , PSG , Barca etc.

Last edited:

Yannik

Im assuming that the ESL will replace only the CL and that's it.

Current ESL format reaches from minimum 18 to maximum 23 games midweek, so when exactly are they supposed to rest players?

Also what makes you think they wont expand this to a full year league after 2 years running fine? Whats stopping them?

Windhook

Im assuming that the ESL will replace only the CL and that's it.Which is what currently is getting reported.

Javier Tebas

At last, the ‘gurus’ of the ‘powerpoint’ super league, drunk with selfishness and lack of solidarity, are going to leave the ‘five o’clock bar’, from the ‘underground’,” he wrote. “UEFA, the European Leagues and La Liga have been working at this for a long time and they will get their due answer.

FCBfan22

Bayern with a half-arsed no...

Bayern Munich manager Hansi Flick: “I’m focused on different topics but I can say that the Super League wouldn't be good for European football...”.

El Gato

Villarato!
Current ESL format reaches from minimum 18 to maximum 23 games midweek, so when exactly are they supposed to rest players?

Also what makes you think they wont expand this to a full year league after 2 years running fine? Whats stopping them?

Take out internationals.

malvolio

Bayern Munich manager Hansi Flick: “I’m focused on different topics but I can say that the Super League wouldn't be good for European football...”.

like bumsi flick ever had a saying in bayern's business, from a sporting or financial point of view :lol:

messi2140

6racies Xavi

Domestic cup and maybe the international friendlies. Remove those and you can slot those 18-23 midweek games just fine. If it becomes a full league , then yes that officially kills the domestic leagues (Most of them are half-dead anyway)

Imo the only league that's really getting affected by this is the EPL with them getting 6 spots with 2 of them not deserving it.
-La Liga: Has been a 2 horse league for 15+ years
-PSG is financially dwarfing the entire league already ,
-Bayernliga enough said
-Seria : Juve is walking that league for 9+ years. And the other club that's about to win is in the ESL as well.

Don't think anything will come out of it. Likes of UEFA will end up backing down imo

Note : Already said it , only issue Im having with this so far is those 15 clubs getting the founder status.

Last edited:

Devils

The organizers of the Super League have held early discussions to secure a deal with broadcasters, with the likes Amazon, Facebook, Disney, etc. This would raise the annual revenues by €4B/year - twice the amount earned by the Champions League.
@FT#ESL

Visca Barca, Visca Catalunya.

UEFA and FIFA can suck it.

Yannik

Flick isnt the manager. He's the coach, plus he's gone after the season and hasnt had a say in the Super League.
Rummenigge on the other hand did indeed give a full-arsed no.

malvolio

with the likes Amazon, Facebook, Disney, etc.

E8ZKcOLkMY0PGW_9dThEUigc-IFU_fPlcOXsH2OeKYO6vyMSMJIxPVcRVvbqTYuo8iChK56UKC7WRdzkeVkBChNukcQYLTgWJIVwkHAcLE6QbIM4jat5xz_fqPza1R9CKxsKtIifiIlX6wzVydS6EYV_u-G64jFd4OU

Vilarrubi

The organizers of the Super League have held early discussions to secure a deal with broadcasters, with the likes Amazon, Facebook, Disney, etc. This would raise the annual revenues by €4B/year - twice the amount earned by the Champions League.
@FT#ESL

Visca Barca, Visca Catalunya.

UEFA and FIFA can suck it.

:lol: Disney

Home of Barca Fans