European Super League

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Nah they won't end up 10th in EPL, if it'll even exist. Players will want to participate in ESL if it becomes the new CL. Arsenal will have the means to strengthen their squad.

The teams participating in ESL will be clearly better than the rest after a few years, so the discussion of who deserves to be there or not will disappear by then.

But then that applies to every team that's get the founder status. Give Aston Villa who is a club with history the founder spot and they will also attract star players and will get back to being a top club. Arsenal and especially Spurs
Getting that bullshit status shows the biggest issue with this format.

Morten

But then that applies to every team that's get the founder status. Give Aston Villa who is a club with history the founder spot and they will also attract star players and will get back to being a top club. Arsenal and especially Spurs

True, Arsenal is there on name only, not merit, a club like Leicester has been better than them for a good while now.

Yannik

Why in your opinion is it the most uncompetitive league in Europe in terms of winner and why more so now and not in past?

Because one team fairly got an advantage over others through the decades by simply playing the game by the rules everyone agreed to.
Pretty big difference as to installing a Super League and trying to change the game fundemantelly to be better off.

Andresito

Staff member

True but like I said Arsenal are huge outside England and Europe. Aston Villa can probably also get to the same level footballwise with enough cash, but when it comes to attracting money and interest for the league, Arsenal are one of the best for it.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
True but like I said Arsenal are huge outside England and Europe. Aston Villa can probably also get to the same level footballwise with enough cash, but when it comes to attracting money and interest for the league, Arsenal are one of the best for it.

Fair point about Arsenal they do have a huge fanbase , but as I said give a club like Roma (quite a big fanbase) , Aston Villa , Lyon etc the founder spot and they will have a massive wordwide fanbase in a matter of years.

What the fuck is Spurs doing there though ? If I'm not mistaken the likes of Marseille , Schalke and Rangers have a bigger fanbase than Spurs. You can argue that Rangers and especially Schalke shouldn't be in there , but why not Marseille ?

I'm not too opposed to this format , but I just can't agree with this founder spots bullshit.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It'll end up in litigation, too much money at stake

Growing speculation US banks (Debt holders) driving this along with core US owned clubs. Do not believe Laporta can include Barca without members voting anyway - this is what Bartomeu first talked about before his disappearing act, had he signed the club to some sort of binding agreement??

The argument Barto made at the time was that even by voting, agreeing to a SuperLeague ensured financial independence and keeping the club in hands of members - presumably to avoid surrendering the club to its debt

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
CEO of Sassuolo comments on the Superleague: “This will kill Serie A, they are making fun of us”

Imagine saying this shit unironically. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If anything the Superleague will make the Seria A competitive again with the Milan clubs having the financial means to compete again and not allowing Juve to walk the league 9 years in a row.

Last edited:

Bulgroz

Imagine not realising what that whole thing will mean in terms of TV revenues for the smaller team.

It might not "kill" the interest of Serie A, but it might kill quite a few teams who didn't plan on suddenly losing most of their revenues AND having to deal with star players wanting out.

jamrock

They basically trying to replace the CL with something more lucrative, the question is will the football be more attractive for , because the quality of football in the CL where these very teams play every week, is pretty ass.

I can see it eventually getting approved with ease in Spain & Italy, the big clubs, will ask for a reduction in teams that play in the league, and do to something with the cup, what exactly I don't know, to eliminate it completely will be tough, as that will be the only way,teams that aren't in the super league but play domestically will have a chance to win anything,maybe make all ties one legged, idk, but something will happen regarding that in combination with reducing the leagues to say 16/18 teams, to reduce the number of games & improve the "quality".

For this they will offer the leagues I huge appointment of cash annually, & maybe a initial payment, that will do towards developing football at the "grassroots" & well as help the clubs playing in serie A and la Liga.

For the EPL that's already flushed with cash, I don't think that throwing money at the problem approach will work.

FIFA/UEFA is a joke is all this, because who wants to want the euros & the WC without the world's best players, they will fold pretty quickly.

The main issue is to secure domestic league football for these teams, that's thier bread & butter, especially when they go long stretches without actually winning the super league, to actually keep the titles coming in.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans