European Super League

Mateka

Who knows how much PSG pays under the table and City.

Bayern was always careful financially. United was giving terrible salaries to mediocre players yes.

Who knows what additional payments/favours are paid by clubs to anybody? I do not think we can state two named clubs are, without proof, whilst giving all other clubs the benefit of the doubt.

FinBarcelonafan

Who knows what additional payments/favours are paid by clubs to anybody? I do not think we can state two named clubs are, without proof, whilst giving all other clubs the benefit of the doubt.

True and Barca with Neymar mess but you can clearly see Qatar paying Messi to be ambassador for the WC etc

City had their problems too.

Messigician

Given the information published today by the newspaper Mundo Deportivo, in which it says that our club studied the possibility of moving from LaLiga to the Premier, Real Madrid wants to assert that this information is completely false, absurd and impossible and it only intends to disturb, once more, the day to day of our club.

Messigician

La Liga is currently gathering all the appropriate documents to report PSG and other "state-clubs" to various independent organizations. Under the current financial fair play rules, PSG don't meet the requirements. Hence, UEFA is trying to modify them this year.

? @partidazocope

My club

Messigician

Talks have begun to re-structure and re-market the Super League. They are sure that this time, pending the approval of the European courts, it will proceed. The 12 founding clubs are still contractually part of the project.

? @derspiegel via @diarioas

We're back

stb_1

Talks have begun to re-structure and re-market the Super League. They are sure that this time, pending the approval of the European courts, it will proceed. The 12 founding clubs are still contractually part of the project.

? @derspiegel via @diarioas

We're back

No fans want it besides Barca, Real and Juve fans.

Joan

A lot of people changed their minds after PSG's summer.

And even more would if the ESL leaders were clear about it. A doomsday message like 'look what happens if we don't take control in our own hands' would make lots of people reconsider it.

FinBarcelonafan

And even more would if the ESL leaders were clear about it. A doomsday message like 'look what happens if we don't take control in our own hands' would make lots of people reconsider it.

True. Doomsday warning seems to work with people. They don't see it coming yet.

Sterlingfan2000

We dont have enough entertainers in the game in reality which is why CR7 and Messi are still considered the pinnacle of the game.

I dont enjoy the high pressing football we have today compared to the stuff we had in the 80s and 90s. I enjoy a good team goal just as much as anyone else but individual brilliance is the best part of football today. Today its mostly supreme athletes playing at breakneck speeds being pressed intensely constantly.

Remove or change offside

Mateka

ESL was doomed because it was set up as a cartel. All systems need promotion and relegation, and those that are no longer at the pinnacle of Europe, where they once were, have to accept they can be relegated.
In PL that can happen. United and City have been relegated in my life time and fought their way back.

Mateka

A lot of people changed their minds after PSG's summer.

Yet it was supposedly all fine when Barca was on a spending spree with Coutinho Dembele and Griezman? But because Barca cannot do it and PSG can, especially this summer, we now need ESL and investigate spending because we got no money and another kid in the sweet shop has.

FinBarcelonafan

Yet it was supposedly all fine when Barca was on a spending spree with Coutinho Dembele and Griezman? But because Barca cannot do it and PSG can, especially this summer, we now need ESL and investigate spending because we got no money and another kid in the sweet shop has.

We bought those players because Neymar was bought for double the world record price by PSG. We had to go out and pay top dollar for Cou and Dembele because everyone knew we had tons of money and desperate situation.

Griezmann was bought with a loan btw.

How is that "sick" spending?

Mateka

We bought those players because Neymar was bought for double the world record price by PSG. We had to go out and pay top dollar for Cou and Dembele because everyone knew we had tons of money and desperate situation.

Griezmann was bought with a loan btw.

How is that "sick" spending?

I don’t think I used the words ‘sick spending.

Home of Barca Fans