European Super League

BBZ8800

Well then it should be fixed to lessen the problem in domestic leagues, the action shouldnt be to worsen the issue of disparity all over europe lmao

As JamDav said, it is not that simple.

In my country, Croatia, in 90s and till 2005:
Dinamo Zagreb 7 titles
Hajduk Split 6 titles
NK Zagreb 1 title

After that, when around 2005 internet emerged and champions started to earn way more from sponsors:
14 titles Dinamo
1 title Rijeka
And now Dinamo will win the 15th title, lol.

I didn't watch more than 5 games of Croatian league championship in the last 10 years because it is predictable.
Dinamo is too rich and too strong, just like Psg, Bayern, Juve.
I watched 20 minutes yesterday and just started to browse the internet on my phone because the game (Dinamo vs some random Mickey Mouse team) was like 90:10% in possession.
Where is fun in that?
I turned it off before a half time and never returned.

The only question is whether a match will end with 2:0 or 5:0.

Again, no offense, but lately I lost passion for La liga and 30 matches vs Getafe/Levante.
Barca has 10-20 times bigger income and those matches are stupid as fuck.

80-90% of possession, weak teams having no other options than parking a bus and we need to watch that deja vu match for 30 times per season.
Or 10 Cdr matches, lol?

Money has ruined football.
The differences between 1-2 top clubs per countey and the rest are too huge and the excitement is long gone.

Last edited:

cro-man

I like this mess and it was time someone is pushing uefa and fifa out who are one of the most corrupt organizations ever existed. When seeing how much money clubs are getting for a new league right at the beginning iam curious to know how much money uefa and fifa are filling into their own pockets.

If you ask me if I like this new superleague i would say no but not because we are breaking with uefa and fifa but because this new format doesnt sound really interesting and is not fair for other teams who dont have a big name.

malvolio

The last time a football team from outside of that 'Big 12' won (the Champions League) was Porto in 2003/2004, or going back further, Borussia Dortmund in 1996 or Ajax in 1994

at least now we'll see arsenal and tottenham getting smashed every week.

Porque

I like this mess and it was time someone is pushing uefa and fifa out who are one of the most corrupt organizations ever existed. When seeing how much money clubs are owning for a new league right at the beginning iam curious to know how much money uefa and fifa are filling into their own pockets.

If you ask me if I like this new superleague i would say no but not because we are breaking with uefa and fifa but because this new format doesnt sound really interesting and is not fair for other teams who dont have a big name.

Agreed. I think if a success that the plan would be to expand to say 32/36 with two leagues and have domestic champions qualify. That is probably the fear and worry of the national leagues being backed by the governments. That if in time the SuperLeague clubs completely abandon the national leagues and just take part in the Super League.

Which to be honest, if structured with promotions/relegations from the National Leagues would not exactly be a bad idea and just the next evolution in Euro footballs capitalism. It would all be a bit Pro Evolution 2 infact. Who could forget the Euro league on there with teams like Merseyside Red, PM Black White, MD White and West London Blue.

khaled_a_d

I think you are confirming what I was saying. Yes the current right holders are rightfully panicking about the potential and possible ban of these 12 leagues from their respective leagues, and they probably want to get their hands on the ESL if it does go forward. They will be facing potentially great shortfall of money if advertisers start pulling out. They wouldn't be suing these 12 clubs as their TV deals were struck with the national leagues.

No, I am not.
If those media outlets see their long-term benefits is to nake example of those big clubs in short term, they will take the hit now easily and let the leagues do their thing.

Again, remember it is already ambition of sport leagues to have their own Netflix type of platform and take the mefia channels out, such SL can have the power to pull that in few years

Yannik

Already said why I support idea of it. Do catch up.

Because you seemingly disapprove of the idea that small clubs could take away some of the elite clubs share, as that would make the rich clubs less competetive in the Champions League?

Messi983

Suprs are in there?? Must've had a blind spot for it all day. Not that I followed much.

6 English and only 3 Spanish teams. Terrible job, Perez. And you're some president.

Yeah, they shouldn't really be in there imo.

Yannik

Nah read back if must.

you mean

For Spain: start splitting TV revenue reasonably..

Wont achieve much but weakening top 4/5 teams in comparison to other top clubs in europe.

Better for league the way it is and Barca/Real having more power to sign and keep star players as always have.

I feel like the idea of a league should be to provide a fair and integer framework to enable all clubs to compete. And not to advantage some already dumb rich clubs to perform better in dick measuring contests vs the Brits.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

The last time a football team from outside of that 'Big 12' won (the Champions League) was Porto in 2003/2004, or going back further, Borussia Dortmund in 1996 or Ajax in 1994

at least now we'll see arsenal and tottenham getting smashed every week.

Bayern says Hello

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, I am not.
If those media outlets see their long-term benefits is to nake example of those big clubs in short term, they will take the hit now easily and let the leagues do their thing.

Again, remember it is already ambition of sport leagues to have their own Netflix type of platform and take the mefia channels out, such SL can have the power to pull that in few years

So your theory is the current right holders would rather see their revenue dwindle because of the 12 clubs being banned, do nothing and hope that with a lot of pressure these 12 clubs will quit the ESL and get back to the current setting/arrangement soon enough? What will they gain from doing so? Not upsetting the national leagues so that they will still control and regulate the rights and prevent them from going to the club's OTTs, ie. their own version of Netflix?

The problem with that theory is, if the 12 clubs get banned from the national leagues for good and stick to the ESL and possibly expand it later on, would these current right holders of La Liga, EPL and Serie A etc. be interested in bidding and buying media rights for those leagues without these 12 clubs? Take La Liga for example, how many people outside Spain will be watching La Liga games when you take us, Real Madrid and Atletico out of it?

Home of Barca Fans