European Super League

Messigician

As previously announced by FIFA and the six Federations, the clubs concerned will be banned from playing in any other competition at domestic, European or world level, and their players could be denied the opportunity to represent their national teams.

We thank those clubs in other countries, especially the French and German clubs, who have refused to sign up to this. We call on all lovers of football, supporters and politicians, to join us in fighting against such a project if it were to be announced. This persistent self-interest of a few has been going on for too long. Enough is enough.

Messigician

European Super League details:

Chairman: Florentino Perez [Real Madrid]
Vice-Chairman: Stan Kroenke [Arsenal]
Vice-Chairman: Andrea Agnelli [Juventus]
Vice-Chairman: John W. Henry [Liverpool]
Vice-Chairman: Joel Glazer [Manchester United]

[via @MailSport]

LMFAO WHY WOULD LAPORTA SIGN THIS

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know what these clubs that have signed up were thinking about. Short-sighted. The promise of an influx of 350m guaranteed got the best sense of them apparently. An elitist idea that will never fly.

Morten

[via @MailSport]

Maybe Laporta wasn't as "pure" as some of you guys thought he was?

Anyway, Perez is a major player in this, i know.

Messigician

I don't know what these clubs that have signed up were thinking about. Short-sighted. The promise of an influx of 350m guaranteed got the best sense of them apparently. An elitist idea that will never fly.

I am not opposed to it until I saw Papa Perez is chairman

UEFA is too corrupt.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

[via @MailSport]

A bunch of disgusting dirty rich men.

Laporta needs to get us out of this, will the socis will vote it down. This is countering to everything this club stands for.

Messigician

Yes as Tebes said Papa Perez has always had a wet dream about a European Super League.

I am shocked Laporta gave approval. Perhaps it's how he thinks we can get out of debt the financial figures must be staggering

El Gato

Villarato!
Any word/indication on what the format would be like? Just a double round robin?

Per the times article which I think sources info previously published by BBC and talksport format is:
- two groups of 10 teams each, everyone plays each other home & away
- 4 best teams advance to QFs in the knockout format
- knockouts are 2 legged till the final
- matches to be played in midweek as to permit for national league participation

Basically designed to take out UEFA from the equation.

Apparently income from TV & sponsorship will prioritise the founders: 32.5% to 15 founding teams, 32.5% between all 20 teams participating, 20% according to sporting achievement, 15% on marketing potential.
RM and Barcelona to receive 27M GBP
There is supposed to be a wage and transfer limit overseen by a 3rd party.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Font was the one who wanted us to ditch the shirt main sponsor and get UNICEF back on the front of the jersey. Laporta never struck me as a "pure" guy.

Messigician

Why do we have two threads?

Lock this one out no one knows what a FIFA premier league is. It just confuses people

El Gato

Villarato!
Why lock it? Messigician is the tosspot that set up the other one without knowing. Merge posts and move on

Home of Barca Fans