European Super League

jamrock

They already have the biggest revenue out of all teams. Maybe the question is why being no1 in revenue doesn't translate on the field? Maybe because they are spending what they make very very very poorly. On huge contracts for veterans, bad transfers, and so on.

I don't get your post. Barca and Madrid, especially Barca, have been run like shit. That's the problem. The club is no1 in terms of revenue before the pandemic hit, bordering on 1billion if I remember right, but the way the revenue has been spent has been a disaster. Just look at Messi's leaked contract ffs. The wages Griezman gets. It's hilariously bad spending.

Barca/Madrid don't have a problem making money. They have a problem of investing them. Barca pay their squad the highest wages by far for years and years, and the team is a joke in Europe. What are we talking about?

If we compare the wages in this Chelsea side, with the wages at Barca, I think we might be getting a difference of well over 150m. Pique probably has much bigger wages than Rudiger, while being half the player. Pulisic with Griezmann, lol, Griezmann probably has 3-4 times the salary. And so on. Messi, with bonuses, probably earns as much the whole Chelsea's first 11 if not more.

The problem is the huge spending on a squad that didn't count in Europe for nearly half a decade. And let's not even talk about the managers Barca had, guys who no other top team ever touched or will touch. Do you guys think some top 8 team will ever hire guys like Valverde, Setien, or even Koeman? :lol: These guys are Valencia, Bilbao, Betis level, with major flaws in multiple areas. Not even Lucho is good enough to land a top club.

The club has been terribly managed, and not because it's not generating enough money. This is nonsense. Lol, if they have a spike in revenue, they probably use the extra money to give Messi a bigger contract :lol:.

Exactly idk what the hell Khalid is talking about, both teams already make the most money in football, like I said else where, yet we constantly hear the same thing from a certain set of posters, the club is trying to be on the same financial footing as the English teams, If anything it's the other way around.

What matters is the horrifically bad way in which we as a club have spent out 100's of millions over the years & now we need SL to save us financially, while the SL would just be a great financial boast for most of the English clubs.

Yannik

If Barca and Madrid financially struggle with their record revenues then the reason for that is incompetence, not the Champions League.

Yannik

Not the whole story though when there are other clubs that can be bank rolled and dont have same risk.

But there's also clubs who act organically and dont suffer from these issues. Barca and Real have self-imposed this situation by living above their means and not worrying about the consequences. They werent forced to do that..

Last edited:

JamDav1982

But there's also clubs who are organically big and dont suffer from these issues. Barca and Real have self-imposed this situation by living above their means and not worrying about the consequences. They werent forced to do that.

There is.

Clubs like Bayern who can cruise to 10 league titles in a row and 2 CLs in 20 years and not same pressure.

Be interesting to see how they behaved in competitive league today.

Barca and Real have wasted a lot of money no doubt but that is not what all this and ESL was about.

Yannik

There is.

Clubs like Bayern who can cruise to 10 league titles in a row and 2 CLs in 20 years and not same pressure.

Be interesting to see how they behaved in competitive league today.

Barca and Real have wasted a lot of money no doubt but that is not what all this and ESL was about.

What else is it about?

khaled_a_d

Check Messi wages and come back

I know about it, and it is a nonsense argument, thanks for adding nothing.

If Barca and Madrid financially struggle with their record revenues then the reason for that is incompetence, not the Champions League.

CL isn't the problem, but every club in the world has the right to raise even more revenue.
Nevermind they were agreeing a more harder salary cap on players wage in ESL, so for clubs like RM & Barca it solves many problems, as it allows them to impose their rules to protect themselves.
Again, don't agree with ESL at all and think it should be abandoned but you can't blame clubs for wanting to act for their self interest.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well at least Real, Juve and Barca show some balls against the uefa mafia with their statement.

I don't know what they are trying to achieve with that statement that doubles down on the stance. Salvaging the ESL? Impossible right now. Winning public support? Apparently not. Playing hardball with UEFA so they won't sanction them? It will make UEFA more hardened and make sanctions more likely, I am afraid.

Hardy

UEFA has started an investigation regarding the possible violation of Uefa laws by Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Juventus, with reference to the so-called Superleague project.

khaled_a_d

Joan Laporta will meet UEFA President Aleksandr Ceferin on Sunday in Gothenburg [Sweden]. His intention is to discuss the issue about the Super League.

Morten

ESL isn't happening(not now, anyway), so i dont understand why RM, Barca and Juventus are choosing to die on this hill.

Home of Barca Fans