European Super League

JamDav1982

I know about it. But you're not thinking about the potential games they would have to play. There is no way they can do a 20 team Super League and a 20 team domestic league. It's simply impossible.

No you dont even know how many games will be played when claiming 38.

Go read up on it.

Tackle

I know about it. But you're not thinking about the potential games they would have to play. There is no way they can do a 20 team Super League and a 20 team domestic league. It's simply impossible.

Most top teams already play 55-60 matches a season to be fair.

soul24rage

pretty sure those 20 teams will not be allowed to participate in the domestic league with this announcement so no worries about that.

xXKonan

La Liga, EPL, Serie A etc there's not much they can do.

The leagues would get fucked if they decided to ban the teams that are in this competition, they are going to fold here eventually and the CL will be done away.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bartomeu signed off on this without guaranteeing Barca gets a seat on the table with Florentino.

Instead you have one of the inbred Glazers on there :lol:

bismp

Is there even an official format already?For all we know each team plays against each other only once and then the top 4 play in the semi finals and a final.

JamDav1982

Is there even an official format already?For all we know each team plays against each other only once and then the top 4 play in the semi finals and a final.

The format is on the official website.

Two groups of 10 play each other twice then into quarter finals for most teams.

Tackle

Here's the most interesting part about the CL going away.

CR7 in the mud. :mou:

:koeman:

More like he's celebrating like mad right now. The CL chapter is soon to be forever closed just as he's close to retiring and he will be remembered as the greatest player in the history of the competition.

KingLeo10

More like he's celebrating like mad right now. The CL chapter is soon to be forever closed just as he's close to retiring and he will be remembered as the greatest player in the history of the competition.

Nice PR there, but his CL exploits will probably get the RM in the 50s/Bayern 70s CL exploits treatment...an archaic tournament from archaic times.

Applies to Messi as well but Messi probably doesn't lose as much sleep over his CL goal scoring records.

bismp

The format is on the official website.

Two groups of 10 play each other twice then into quarter finals for most teams.

Shit that’s a lot of games...We are talking 18 to 23 games,while CL has 6 to 13.

I guess that even if the teams are allowed to participate in the domestic leagues,no one will give a fuck about them:lol::(

El Gato

Villarato!
I know that. But I doubt that'll be the case. How can you have a 20 team Super League and also have a domestic league? Say every team has to play one another twice, you're talking about another 38 games..... then you're talking about a knockout stage, quarter-final, semi-final and the finals. It's simply impossible to do both.

38 games of league football + domestic cups + 23 games in ESL. Currently CL is 13. Take away international breaks and you can squeeze 10 games in at a push. But concessions will have to be made

KingLeo10

38 games of league football + domestic cups + 23 games in ESL. Currently CL is 13. Take away international breaks and you can squeeze 10 games in at a push. But concessions will have to be made

Doing away with national cup games for the ESL members could be another way to manage this...rounds out to about 60 games per season then, same as now.

By the way, what's your take on this?

Home of Barca Fans