European Super League

cro-man

Still something has to be done against uefa and fifa. We cant allow them filling up their own pockets where we and many clubs are dyining financially. Those clubs did just one mistake and that was that this wasnt well thought out. You cant build just one league for few big teams and exclude the rest.

A win for football but also a huge win for uefa and fifa. I can already see them now trying to bind everyone who wants to be a part of with some contracts so this cant happen again.

Laplacian

Good. Folding of ESL is good news for football's sake. But UEFA should really introduce the proper format in CL to appease the big clubs, obviously nobody wants to travel to Kazakhstan and fans watch on TV football played on artificial turf. Unless they deserve it, of course, through a stricter qualification process. Reducing the number of teams to 24 IMO is for the good of the league, but a suicide for any UEFA president seeking reelection. Something has to be done.

Agreed. Number of spots should be reduced.

xxxxxx

Regardless, the Super League will eventually happen. The Champions League was the first step and people got on board with it. The Super League will happen.... we just don't know when. Wouldn't surprise me if UEFA eventually do it later down the line.

FCBfan22

Now the crowd breaks and a new league appears
Looks the old Flo in the eye
As he spreads his wings and shouts at the crowd
In the name of God my father, I fly

Its eyes seem so glazed
As it flies on the wings of a dream
Now it knows his father betrayed
Now its wings turn to ashes, to ashes its grave

JamDav1982

The ESL approach was too arrogant and not enough attempt to get anyone onside but this defeat wont be good for European football bar EPL.

That league will grow and grow and others will become less relevant with a few big teams dotted about.

raskolnikov

Dont see how he is going to be removed from the club tbh, and he just won re-election.

Just give him a lifelong football ban for crimes against the sport.
Transferban for any club that employs him. Forces him to resign and f off inyo obscurity.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Now the crowd breaks and a new league appears
Looks the old Flo in the eye
As he spreads his wings and shouts at the crowd
In the name of God my father, I fly

His eyes seem so glazed
As it flies on the wings of a dream
Now it knows his father betrayed
Now its wings turn to ashes, to ashes its grave

Goethe level :worthy:

xxxxxx

Still something has to be done against uefa and fifa. We cant allow them filling up their own pockets where we and many clubs are dyining financially. Those clubs did just one mistake and that was that this wasnt well thought out. You cant build just one league for few big teams and exclude the rest.

A win for football but also a huge win for uefa and fifa. I can already see them now trying to bind everyone who wants to be a part of with some contracts so this cant happen again.

They don't care. Just like the FA, Premier League or other football bodies don't care. The FA let clubs like Bury die. They almost let Bolton die. Those 2 clubs were football league founders.... and they didn't seem to care if they went under. As long as they're making a crap ton of money at the top, they don't care about the smaller teams.

Morten

Just give him a lifelong football ban for crimes against the sport.
Transferban for any club that employs him. Forces him to resign and f off inyo obscurity.

I dont want him here anymore, but he is too well respected within the club for him to be removed by the club, i think.

Hope there is a real shift of opinion now though.

Messigician

Ngl this shit is funny.

So many people with eggs in their face.

Pretty sure LAGOATA signed up just to pull out and fuck Madrid.

Home of Barca Fans