European Super League

Porque

"Uefa have kicked Real Madrid out of this year's and next year's Champions League. They will be replaced by Atalanta"

Hope.

xXKonan

To be fair it kinda just felt like we were "There"

We weren't full-blown shouting off the roof tops big-time like Juve, Real, United and Liverpool.

xxxxxx

Basically the document that Laporta signed on Saturday states that Barca will not participate if the Socis Assembly doesn't approve it...

He has made Perez his bitch again lads.

I doubt it. I feel he's using the members as an excuse to shift the blame from himself.

He saw the Super League as a big cash injection, so he happily signed on for it. Now, he's saying it's up to the members.

Regardless, this just doesn't take away that UEFA and FIFA are still corrupt companies. They don't care about the fans or the clubs, they only care about the money. They got scared about losing their biggest revenue and starting threatening teams left, right and center.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Everybody does, all of these English clubs, did they just say "yes" without bothering looking at the format, or thinking about it?

Perez and the Glazers looks like the biggest fools of all though, incredible arrogance.

Certainly, but I was talking about clubs like Barca, Atletico Madrid and the Milan clubs that were basically the less enthusiastic ones about the ESL (compared to Real Madrid, Manchester United and Liverpool who are reportedly the main drivers and proponents) however agreed to join, and now they are doing a 180. They basically caved in front of pressure.

I doubt the mastermind trio - Real Madrid, Manchester United and Liverpool will easily quit. Of course, if the rest of us all pull out, then they have have no choice but to call it quits.

Porque

Well I don't know about anybody else but I enjoyed the Super League while it lasted. Far more entertaining than the Champions League

The Super League
18-04-21 - 20-04-21

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What?

He did exactly what he should have done. Leave it to the socis to determine the future direction of club and let them choose the more ethical vs economically beneficial route for Barca.

The club had an official announcement saying we joined the ESL. Now he is doing an 180 only because of the pushbacks.

Home of Barca Fans