Ilias Akhomach

Jakabor

Jesus, 17 years old and gets his first start in Derbi Barceloni.

Talk about being thrown into the fire.

mc_lovin

Looks like a youth player (which he is). Night and day to Fati's debut.

But his dribbling is fantastic... everything else... not so much.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Makes no sense to judge his performance in such circumstances. Extremely young, injury ridden team with huge problems, just got 45 mins. etc.
But usually you can sense huge potential right away even if a teenager has a poor game. And I did not see anything special from Ilias. Would surprise me if he got many more chances in the near future.

Porque

I thought he was fine. Surprised he come off after 45 as I think he had some decent actions and wasn't shut out of the game entirely like Demir had been in his later starts.

I still think he struggles physically though, and this is something that hasn't changed since I saw his B team debut. He can create a yard and dribble past his marker easily on the interior while going into traffic but can't/didn't take his man on the outside which he can do on the youth level. This is something Demir lacks too.

Compare this to Abde who is possibly a less intelligent player but despite that has more pace and the raw dribbling to cause problems for the defender and take them on both sides. Even with Abde you can see that physically he hasn't adapted to toplevel football yet, so the question will be who Xavi will want to choose to grow and rely on right now.

Will get more chances but I don't think Xavi will be rushing to them and will probably opt for Abde first.

FinBarcelonafan

I thought he was fine. Surprised he come off after 45 as I think he had some decent actions and wasn't shut out of the game entirely like Demir had been in his later starts.

I still think he struggles physically though, and this is something that hasn't changed since I saw his B team debut. He can create a yard and dribble past his marker easily on the interior while going into traffic but can't/didn't take his man on the outside which he can do on the youth level. This is something Demir lacks too.

Compare this to Abde who is possibly a less intelligent player but despite that has more pace and the raw dribbling to cause problems for the defender and take them on both sides. Even with Abde you can see that physically he hasn't adapted to toplevel football yet, so the question will be who Xavi will want to choose to grow and rely on right now.

Will get more chances but I don't think Xavi will be rushing to them and will probably opt for Abde first.

I think Xavi wanted to see how both players performed today. It was a great sub by Xavi actually(accidentally or on purpose).

Home of Barca Fans