11 - Raphinha

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Somehow everyone's convinced he's a bad player for some reason.

Anyway, 70m is too much tbh. We need Deco and Raphinha to put in the squeeze on Leeds and tell Chelsea to fuck off too.

He's not a bad player but people are expecting things they wont get with Raphinha especially for the prices being quoted, he isn't the 2nd coming of Neymar Robbern or Ribery.
Can he improve and step it up a level or two? sure if he went to a city or liverpool but every player that's come to this club has only ever regressed in recent history.

Androutsos

If it is true, Raphinha telling Deco to tell Chelsea to fuck off automatically makes him a must buy for me at any price.

mc_lovin

If the wages are in order (and I imagine they are) the transfer fee isn't too bad. Hopefully this means Dembele as a Barcelona player is done and dusted.

feggydinho

If the wages are in order (and I imagine they are) the transfer fee isn't too bad. Hopefully this means Dembele as a Barcelona player is done and dusted.

His salary would be 6m net, same as what was offered to Dembele so it's definitely a more expensive business with the transfer fee and Dembele is surely gone (so best for everyone). I think Chelsea would have the better deal if they can get a fit Dembele though

mc_lovin

His salary would be 6m net, same as what was offered to Dembele so it's definitely a more expensive business with the transfer fee and Dembele is surely gone (so best for everyone). I think Chelsea would have the better deal if they can get a fit Dembele though

Quick, oversimplified math:
Dembele wants 12-14m net/year -> ~20m gross/year -> ~100m total for 5 years.

Raphina is 6m net/year -> ~10gross/year + 60m fee -> ~110m total for 5 years.

Pretty even, but there are quite a lot of assumptions to be fair (Raphina not renewing on higher wages, no agent fee for Sissoko, Dembele would arguably settle for less etc pp). Persoanlly I would take Raphina 10 out of 10 times for roughly the same cost.

El Barcelona

Do you know how much Dembele had last season?

feggydinho

Quick, oversimplified math:
Dembele wants 12-14m net/year -> ~20m gross/year -> ~100m total for 5 years.

Raphina is 6m net/year -> ~10gross/year + 60m fee -> ~110m total for 5 years.

Pretty even, but there are quite a lot of assumptions to be fair (Raphina not renewing on higher wages, no agent fee for Sissoko, Dembele would arguably settle for less etc pp). Persoanlly I would take Raphina 10 out of 10 times for roughly the same cost.

That's you, I'm taking a fit Dembele 10 out of 10 times. We'll see how it all pans out eventually

Joan

My point is on Dembele's renewal and Raphinha signing, not talking about his past wage cause it was massive (around 10-12m net).

The problem is that Dembele turned down 6m net. And that was apparently our last and reduced offer. He turned bigger ones down before. Was it around 9m net? Raphinha wants 6m net, that's about 11m gross plus 12m amortisation if he signs for 5 years. About 115 altogether. Can't compare with Dembele as we don't know what he would eventually accept. But say he accepts 9m, that's 16 gross, 82 altogether.

I think Raphinha will be a downgrade to Dembele. But hope I'm wrong.

Temptation

The problem is that Dembele turned down 6m net. And that was apparently our last and reduced offer. He turned bigger ones down before. Was it around 9m net? Raphinha wants 6m net, that's about 11m gross plus 12m amortisation if he signs for 5 years. About 115 altogether. Can't compare with Dembele as we don't know what he would eventually accept. But say he accepts 9m, that's 16 gross, 82 altogether.

I think Raphinha will be a downgrade to Dembele. But hope I'm wrong.

Yo Jo,

The Balkan Russell Crowe avatar is kinda growing on me. Has an iconic feel to it for some reason.

Home of Barca Fans