11 - Raphinha

vuji_31

I can not fucking belive that our transfer list is Rapinha, Lewa and that is all...

What about going for some other players?

Porque

You forgot Marcos Alonso and Azpiculeta, who will now cost 50m each after hijacking Raphinha.

But don't worry, Laporta will offer them 50m for the pair + Raphinha.

Joan

True. Perfect. Ez Abde vs Vinicius for the win. :lol:

Laporta is good so far.

I would however continue to cut costs and save big spending for next summer maybe.

The interesting players cost an arm and a leg.

Made up your mind yet? :lol:

I thought his contract was up in 2023 when I wrote the post. It’s not, it’s up in 2024. However, I don’t know what is it that we are in for this season that’s worth paying between 60 and 70 m for a player of Raphinha’s quality. CL perhaps? Same applies to Lewa. In my humble opinion goes without saying.

I’d much prefer we tied Dembele with a slightly improved offer for another two seasons, got Kounde and improved on our FBs than spending madly on attack on either average or semi retired additions.

Last edited:

vuji_31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaN24-rWbW0&ab_channel=FutebolInternacional

I wanted to see the game for Brazil, not Leeds. Well, no way he is worth more than 35-40mil top. This guy can't dribble. He is an okay passer, not stupid with the ball, but he will not make difference. Dembele is much faster and better 1 vs 1.

We need someone like Vinicius, a player with skills, not this one-dimensional overrated players. He and Ferran are really overpriced. It could be 130mil for 2 average wingers who can't dribble.

Barcilliant

I wanted to see the game for Brazil, not Leeds. Well, no way he is worth more than 35-40mil top. This guy can't dribble. He is an okay passer, not stupid with the ball, but he will not make difference. Dembele is much faster and better 1 vs 1.

We need someone like Vinicius, a player with skills, not this one-dimensional overrated players. He and Ferran are really overpriced. It could be 130mil for 2 average wingers who can't dribble.

Paying big money and big wages for average players is our style. Doesn't matter whether it's Barto or Laporta.

serghei

Made up your mind yet? :lol:

I thought his contract was up in 2023 when I wrote the post. It’s not, it’s up in 2024. However, I don’t know what is it that we are in for this season that’s worth paying between 60 and 70 m for a player of Raphinha’s quality. CL perhaps? Same applies to Lewa. In my humble opinion goes without saying.

I’d much prefer we tied Dembele with a slightly improved offer for another two seasons, got Kounde and improved on our FBs than spending madly on attack on either average or semi retired additions.

I made up my mind a long time ago. I was just anticipating the forum next season, with all these users who think we should buy no top player because they are all expensive (well... duh... of course they are), yet at the same time, they're gonna expect us to compete with a star-driven Real Madrid who probably smokes us player for player in 10 out of 11 positions with relative ease.

Should be fun.

So, I don't exactly know how this equation is supposed to work for the majority of fans around here.

Buy no one of class because they are all expensive, but then Laporta and Xavi out... because? :lol: Something is missing here.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

You chose one game with a clip of 5 mins to make a judgement? He's among the best in the PL in dribbling metrics and you're saying he cannot dribble at all lol.

There's very few players who can dribble like Vinicius with the same touch, efficiency and control. Messi, Neymar and that's probably it.

serghei

[MENTION=22463]Joan[/MENTION], there's a chance for La Liga next season if we make some good transfers. If not, it's done before it begins.

serghei

Under Xavi since the winter, we actually were neck and neck with Madrid in points. It's realistic that if we get a striker and a winger to compete with Benzema and Vinicius, we have a shot at the title.

Lewandowski and Raphinha would get us with a solid fighting chance until the end.

The only serious edge Madrid would have is Courtois being best keeper in the world and Stegen being a terrorist. We can survive that.

There's only two roads:

A. Invest and get top players to compete for titles, for now in Spain and pretty soon in CL too.

B. Invest nothing, cut more costs, sell De Jong even, since he makes no difference (and is overpaid) if we can't improve 3-4 positions, and develop the youngsters while making top 3 in La Liga (as in 2nd or 3rd) + getting beat in last 16 in CL or something (hopefully not too badly this time).

There is no miracle C option where you invest low money and you fight for titles against much superior sides. This is not Farmers League we're talking about here.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans