11 - Raphinha

mc_lovin

Haha yes he does never said he doesnt... and he is quicker a better dribbler and can go on outside.

Today Girona doubled up and showed Raphinha the by line and he couldnt do anything.

Then I don't get your point at all.

It's a matter of quality and not style. Cause Dembele does as he pleases.

JamDav1982

Then I don't get your point at all.

It's a matter of quality and not style. Cause Dembele does as he pleases.

No it is a matter of both as it is for every player in the world in every team.

It is clear the point being made.

Whether you get it or not.

Whether it is 'quality or style' that is on Xavi anyway if failing.

mc_lovin

No it is a matter of both as it is for every player in the world in every team.

It is clear the point being made.

Whether you get it or not.

I would agree if Raphina was a 2nd striker or whatever. But he played on the wings for Leeds. There are essentially two options, cutting inside or running the byline, and he's not good at either (--> surely a matter of quality and not style).

JamDav1982

I would agree if Raphina was a 2nd striker or whatever. But he played on the wings for Leeds. There are essentially two options, cutting inside or running the byline, and he's not good at either (--> surely a matter of quality and not style).

His role at Leeds and system was completetly different.

If he cant do either than that is on Xavi for thinking he can.

There are a ton of different way wide players play anyway.

Not nearly as simple as just saying he played wide for Leeds so should be able to in this system.

jamrock

Reminder that we payed 120mil for Torress and Rapinha while we could sing Martinelli for 7.2mil and geniuses from the board decided it is not the best idea.

He scored 7 goals and 2 assists in 19 games in PL.

When could we have paid 7m for marinelli exactly, when was he made available to us for that money & we said no?.

mc_lovin

His role at Leeds and system was completetly different.

If he cant do either than that is on Xavi for thinking he can.

There are a ton of different way wide players play anyway.

Not nearly as simple as just saying he played wide for Leeds so should be able to in this system.

You need to watch some of his highlights from Leeds :p

He just looked more confident and quicker. Only difference in "style" is that he had acres of space in the PL playing for an underdog.

JamDav1982

You need to watch some of his highlights from Leeds :p

He just looked more confident and quicker. Only difference in "style" is that he had acres of space in the PL playing for an underdog.

Watched him plenty at Leeds.

Go back to discussion at start of season and will see what was said and how he would not be same player hugging touchline and no attacking RB.

He wasnt any quicker... confidence yes has gone.

Of course it is different playing for Leeds.. that is whole point.

You need to go back and watch Leeds.

If it is confidence or not being able to cope with less space than at Leeds... again on Xavi.

gregorrin10

If there ever was a time for Raphinha to step up and really announce himself, this is it. He'll get his chance now. Let's hope he takes it.

feggydinho

I think they should try Ferran and Raphinha in the rw now and see who clicks. I remember Ferran performing well as a rw in one of games this season

Nucky

He's been very poor lately but I'd still give him time.. Vinicius needed 2 years to start performing and now he is best player Madrid has besides Benzema..

Home of Barca Fans