Eberechi Eze

snowy

EZE-TRM.jpg

With him on board, Palace could finally switch to a more attacking style before Zaha and Ayu go full postal

something like this:

Zaha - Ayu - Townsend
Schlupp - Eze
Milijovic
PVA/Mitchel - Kouyate/Tomkins - Tomkins/Woods - Ward/Fergusson
Guaita​

The 2 MCs, Arthy n Arthur, play with a lot of heart but they're seriously limited attacking wise. Roy H. uses the right footed Eze on the left (same as he was played in QPR), since he likes to cut on the inside from the wings but Eze can also play on the right whereas Schlupp is more single-sided.

Eze plays with flair, likes to go vertical, very confident on the ball and wins a lot of duels. Here's his heatmap from last season and comparison with Fornals whom he's got beat on all departments except interceptions.

EZE-vs-Fornals.jpg

Way I see it, CRY is gonna leak goals anyways so they might as well attack, specially given all the wasted talent they've got upfront.

Rory

I've been watching him for a couple of years, always looks like he's going to create danger when on the ball, great signing

snowy

Very cool for Palace! Even in today's game vs Chelsea, both Azpi and N'Golo had monster perfs, but the only way they could stop Eze was by fouling him. He got Azpi carded but also another player (I think).

They could also use him as CAM

Zaha - Ayu/Michy - Townsend
Eze
Schlupp - Milijovic/Kouyate
PVA/Mitchel - Sakho/Tomkins - Kouyate/Woods - Ward/Fergusson
Guaita​

Roy Hodgson:
?Eberechi Eze is a good signing for the club and I am sure the fans will get a lot of joy from him. We are very happy with that and are still hoping Christian Benteke and Connor Wickham will step up to the plate.?

Rory

I've only ever seen him coming from the left hand side so it might take a while to transition to the middle but he seems to have the skills to do it. Him linking up with Zaha and Townsend will most likely define Palace's season, excited to watch it unfold

snowy

Yep you fine scouts got the 3rd eye :thumbsup: He a chilled dude too. Super funny!

imma select his avatar

Interesting parcours he had

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans